RC car controlled by 4G phone network

spinningmagnets

Staff member
This isn't ebike-related but. One of the issues with flying an RC aircraft is that you'd only have acertain distance that it could fly, regardlkess of the amount of battery it held. By sending out control signals on a phone network, and receiving back a visual feed. An RC aircraft could be flown a very long distance. If the recipient had a hot-swappable battery pack, the on-board range could be one-way. Theoretically quite a distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO9XeZ9R0pY

[youtube]aO9XeZ9R0pY[/youtube]

So one could fly a drone controlled via cellphone, to wherever it'll reach via onboard power, then that person could either swap packs or recharge and send it on it's way.

Or if it has an onboard rapid charger it could plug itself into a public outlet (with assistance from it's operator, presumably), and it's camera(s) could let the operator keep an eye out for trouble coming to take or damage it, etc.

Those magnetic Rosenberger plugs could be used, or a re-purposed magnetic plug for a cell-phone. I could set-up a charging station at 90% battery depletion range, and then dock with a charging station, then continue on farther...

There is a new RC aircraft that has three propellers, and it is shaped like an Air Force fighter jet. One propeller is fixed in the horizontal-blade lift position in the body, and is turned on or off depending if the craft is in hoover mode. The two remaining propellers are in the normal position in front of the wing, on either side of the fuselage. these two can rotate 90-degrees, so they can be hovering when desired, but once at altitude, the can be rotated forward to have a very fast forward flight.

I believe using the lift of the wings would be so much more efficient, that it would greatly improve the range, compared to a similarly performing quad-copter, trying to follow the same path and distance.

I wonder if it's feasible to safely extract any meaningful power via inductive charging from overhead power lines?

I considered that before, when I replied originally, but there are complications to doing it (time, especially) so I didn't include it. But if it had a place to park while doing it, probably. There's a fair bit of leakage there. might take a while, though; and you'd need to build an antenna specifically for tapping the power, into the craft.

I don't know what consequences there might be if found doing it, however--I suspect it'd be considered "theft of services" from the power company if they felt like doing anything about it. (probably not--just as it's unlikely anyone would care if you plugged into a random outlet here and there).

Back