lithium battery still fully charged after 24 months

wasp

10 kW
blew up my ebike fall 2015 and put it away i had just charged my 10s4p(dewalt) and only made it half a block so when stored was fully charged
2 years later bought a strong gts210 for 50 bucks and decided to pull my battery and dismantle it for any good cells...40v....say what?
thought i would share with the forum and also i never ran a bms...cut the orig's out when i built my pack
these batteries just keep going lol
wasp

ya was not on purpose but am putting together a parts bike to use this battery and see how much capacity is left
btw just bought a strong gts 210 for my winter build
wasp

Yep.
I've been retesting some LiFe Cells : 20Ah Battery Space (GBS) Prismatic cells that were put away 3+ years ago, fully charged, and Headway 10Ah cells that were put away fully charged over four years ago (maybe 5+)

All of them so far (14 Battery space and 10 Headway cells tested so far) have been at 3.3 to 3.4+V off the shelf. And running them through a series of tests on my CBA at 10 A then 20A an then 10 A again they are ranging between 17.5 to 18.7 AH. for the 20AH ones and 8.0 to 9.1 AH for the Headways (Although the Headways really sag at 20A and drop a .3 to .7 AH less than they do at 10 A). A few of the Headways are even showing a bit more capacity (.1 to .3AH more) than they had when tested new. That really shocked me. (heh, no pun intended.)

Back