Leaf blower speed controller-Help!

toyguru

1 mW
Hey gang,
I bought an Ego backpack leaf blower super cheap because it was dead after the owner blew snow with it. I took it apart today and hooked up the brushless motor to an RC speed control and the motor works fine, the main trigger switch works and the speed control reads between 7k and 9k ohms when moved through the speed range.
So, it looks like the speed controller is no good, but it doesn't look like I can purchase a replacement part easily.
Can anyone suggest a controller that might be a suitable replacement? The system is 56v and there is a 40a fuse on the existing controller board.
Any ideas?

If all you need is a brush-less controller, and you have one that works, get a similar one on eBay or someplace and you have a good blower.

Or, make sure your battery is fully charged and then run the power to the motor through an RC watt meter to really know the amp draw. Then find an inexpensive controller on eBay or someplace that works.

My 2¢.

:D

I have a couple of RC speed controllers, but they are only rated to 6s, and I don't know how to control the speed without using an RC receiver and transmitter. A Brushless ebike controller would work if I could find a compact one, I'll keep searching...

Even big ones don't weigh much. Just strap it to the top of the blower and you are good to go. Do you know the voltage of your battery pack yet?

:D

Back