Canine assist

Done that once. More adrenaline than a timed downhill run, everything was out of my control :)

It's been jokingly suggested around here that I install a treadmill on the trailer for Yogi (etc) to provide assist, either as a charging generator or a belt/chain drive to the trailer wheels. :)

My husky and I do canine assist daily. About 4.4miles daily. Actually the bike ride is a hybrid one, Husky, electric and human power. She is a Mix too, Samousky i.e. Husky and Samoyed.

I saw this on the BBC today and think I might take her to a meet soon. The season, they say, is just starting.

Infact, a couple of nights ago I bothered to rig up my 12-80v led light on the front of the bike to run permanently off the 36v Macalister b&q battery. It works a treat. now we can do night running too. This is great for her since she's far less lightly to overheat.

AW I get shunned whenever I mention a (hamster style) wheel for my husky but I'm seriously considering it and hooking it up to the inverter to give me some power + my solar. She would get real running too but her energy does appear boundless.

The suggestion of a treadmill assist is a little like that electrogrom bike

Back