phaserunner.com domain name for sale.

tanstaafl

10 W
I have a pretty low opinion of people that poach other's names and grab the associated domain name. It's a somewhat questionable practice, to me. It seems especially problematic when it's a name that should be owned by somebody I've had dealings with. So it was a bit troubling when I saw the phaserunner.com domain name supposedly on sale on ebay.

Even more so when I saw this in the listing:
I have a lot of other domain names for sale pertaining to fat tire cargo commuter bikes and ebikes, as well as domain names pertaining to Grin Tech, ebikes.ca, PhaseRunner Phase Runner compact FOC controllers, Grinfineon ebike controllers, statorade hub motor coolant, Grin Technologies, Inc., the Endless Sphere forum and the former Endless Sphere forum moderator and blogger amberwolf (Amber Wolf). See my other items for sale.

This looks like he's intentionally targeted one particular business and that he's got no relationship at all to any of the names.

Going after an individual's forum name seems less predatory and more pathetic. Why would he try to sell this:https://www.ebay.com/itm/amber-wolf-com-domain-name-for-sale-amberwolf-endless-sphere-moderator-cargo/182838312247?hash=item2a92033d37:g:tnQAAOSwLF1X3eV9
What can he hope to actually accomplish? Somebody get their feelings hurt?

Lol.. what a waste of money.. 50 bucks down the drain.. hope he keeps renewing and keeps losing money.

Yeah, but somebody should have their lawyer send him a nasty cease and desist letter. This doesn't seem to be a "good faith" use of some trademarked names. Gotta protect those trademarks or lose them.

Ah, that would be this guy, originally signed up as Erik_M:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36528
who got banned years ago by one of the other mods (for what, I don't recall), and keeps coming back here under new names to trash people, spam his stuff, etc., and keeps getting nuked (because as he's been repeatedly told, once banned, it's permanent, and even if it wasn't normally, this guy's behavior proves he has no place here).

There's some of his crap, some of it directed specifically at me, that was moved to the mod forum, so it doesn't show up in the stuff we can see, but he's not a nice guy. One of the threads moved there was a sale thread for domain names like the ones discussed in the OP of this thread.

He's previously setup web pages with defamation of this site and people on it (usually me, because I enforced the ban someone else made, as that was my job as moderator, and then because of his behavior after that).

I don't know if he has some sort of serious emotional or mental problems or what his deal is, but there is something wrong with him.

If it was possible to get an internet restraining order against someone, this guy would qualify as needing one.

tanstaafl said:
Yeah, but somebody should have their lawyer send him a nasty cease and desist letter. This doesn't seem to be a "good faith" use of some trademarked names. Gotta protect those trademarks or lose them.

Don't waste money on a lawyer to counteract a guy who just wasted money trying to get your goat. He wins if you do that.
He loses if he spends 50 bucks on godaddy domains and nobody gives a shit.

I've been harassed and threatened a lot for my role here, and just for posting videos of bikes going fast.
Worst thing you can do is reward a low effort troll..

Is he "judgement proof"? (so poor you can't win any money in court no matter what he does) If not, keep your options open.

One of my jobs where I work is management of company related domain names. We have a porfolio of around 8k domain names with the majority of them just parked so someone else can not use them.

There are so many possibilities for domains that it's not even worth going down that road as it's then just a cat and mouse game with a never ending cost.

Id say Grinn has nothing to worry about with a domain like phaserunner.com. Heck phaserunner.ca is available if it mattered tho I think the name is just to generic.

As mentioned it's just better to ignore such people and eventually they will move onto someone that reacts.

Back