Unable to contact ES server

teklektik

100 MW
hey neptronix et al:

Since last night I was unable to get to ES because of some type of connection problem. But -- I just got though so thought I'd post this up real quick-like in case I lose the connection again and this is just some weird DNS propagation or similar issue that was not otherwise reported.

I get this error in Firefox:

endless-sphere_authIssue.png

In the status bar I get:
  • "Performing a TLS handshake with endless-sphere.com"
which just hangs and eventually times out.

Doesn't work in Chrome either.
I've also tried the various permutation of www.endless-shere.com, endless-shere.com, http://, and https:// to no avail.

The new site was working until last night but then things went in the dumper. I've flushed browser cache and rebooted modem/router. This did not work by phone either (with WIFI disabled, of course). All NOGO so this seems a more widespread difficulty and not an equipment, local net, or carrier problem.

Anyhow things just came back, so "Good Work!" if you guys fixed it, or "What's going on?" if it healed by magic...

I've been getting DNS lookup and connection timed out errors on and off last night and all today. Last time just a few minutes ago.

Yesterday all worked well enough. Today, could not find the server and every time I come to the site I have to re- log in, even though it all worked yesterday. Also, can't scroll with the down arrow. Have to use the left click button and scroll with the laptop cursor function when I use the "new posts" link.

Maybe it's my computer ??

Several "lock outs" have been had when posting or returning ot pagespreviously read.
Sometimes fixed by shutting down and reloading the site,..but not always
Its as if someone is occasionally taking the server off line for updates ??

Havent noticed anything, from 1pm MST when I woke up :shock: :oops: Only thing for me is slow mouse keyboard action, but I got shit ton tabs windows open, so its my side.
Other then that, using Milk theme, no issues, other then user flow is a bit off for me.
ES User name and post count to the far right rather then above post, yes for some reason I look at who typed the post Im reading. Lots of head movements on my 27" led screen.

Back