inner rim width of 20" Magic Pie cast wheel

Shane

1 µW
Hi!
Does anyone know the internal rim size of a 20" cast bicycle Magic Pie III wheel?
dnogau.png

This picture is helpful. the "inner rim width" is as in the picture below:
bead-seat-diameter.jpg

I would like to find puncture proof tyres but need to know the inner rim width of all my tyres.

best
Shane

If you mean foam or solid tires, don't do it. That wheel has large unsupported spans between spokes, and you will bash flat spots in it if you use a tire that applies all its load to just the piece of rim above the contact patch.

A pneumatic tire is more than just tread. It's suspension for the entire wheel.

Chalo said:
If you mean foam or solid tires, don't do it. That wheel has large unsupported spans between spokes, and you will bash flat spots in it if you use a tire that applies all its load to just the piece of rim above the contact patch.

A pneumatic tire is more than just tread. It's suspension for the entire wheel.

OK, cool. Anyone have any idea of the "inner rim width" of the 20" magic pie cast wheel anway. Not knowing is bugging me. It would be helpful for fitting another pneumatic tyre as well.

Got no clue

You can go to this website and scroll down 3/4 of the way down to "Width Considerations"
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Its gotta be bicycle dimensional widths, and not a motorcycle like 1.60 wide or 2.25 wide but more like 23-32mm as in the chart.

I have a brand new MP4, but I'd think the 20" cast wheel is the same size as your MP3. I'm measuring 30mm on the inside, and 40mm on the outside dimension.

I also have a MP2 with a Maxxis Hookworm 20X1.95 and the widest part of the tire is right at 50mm inflated on the wheel. Hope this helps.

Back