Help, new controller, motor not stopping

Charmz

1 µW
Hi everyone, need some help here if you can. I just bought a new controller and connected all wires as instructed. when i turn on scooter, motor keeps turning, brakes do nothing, throttle does nothing, 3-speed does nothing. On first connection with system, wheel was turning in reverse, but i switched the blue and green hall sensor wires to make it move in forward but in both cases from time bike is switched on it just keeps spinning. Help

There must be some throttle input. Try disconnecting the throttle. If still runs, make sure you really have the right wires going to the throttle. It's suspicious the brake input doesn't stop it though. If disconnecting everything except the motor doesn't stop it, then the controller must be bad. If disconnecting the throttle stops it, then you might have a bad throttle, which is not uncommon.

If you for sure have your brake disconnects hooked up, and the brake isn't making the motor cut out, then that is probably a serious controller problem.

thanks for diagnosis, i figured that much but needed an unbiased second opinion.

If the ground wire on the throttle is not connected, many controllers will run the motor, even if the throttle is "off", because it sees a voltage on the throttle input that isn't "really" there.

Also if it has a "learn" function, sometimes if that is left connected the motor will just keep running.

Back