How long does it take to get a package from Canada

morph999

100 kW
I ordered a package from ebikes.ca and they sent it out on March 9th. It's March 19th and still no sign of it. I'm worried some of the neighborhood people here took it or something. I think it came from Vancouver, BC and it's supposed to go to Indiana. Anyone else take this long?

morph999 said:
I ordered a package from ebikes.ca and they sent it out on March 9th. It's March 19th and still no sign of it. I'm worried some of the neighborhood people here took it or something. I think it came from Vancouver, BC and it's supposed to go to Indiana. Anyone else take this long?
My CA i ordered from them took a month, partly because they were closed for the holidays, and didn't get it out for a week after my order. Check the tracking number they sent you.

the tracking number is a canadian tracking number. I just e-mailed the usps so hopefully they'll get back to me.

Just use the Canadian postal service tracking number in the USPS tracking box and it should tell you where it is. My recent parcel from BC to OR took 8 days.

Yeah I'm in Montana, which isn't very far from Vancouver and several things have taken quite awhile to get to me before. Be patient. Welcome to the world of international ebike parts. This type of thing is very common. The good news is sometimes it only takes days! You just never know. :lol:

I've ordered a 406 motor and rear wheel with torque arm and disc brake and it took 6 days.
I also ordered a controller, 11 tooth 7 speed freewheel and that took only 5 days.
And I'm in Southern California. You're much closer to the Canadian border than I am.

You can use the tracking number they give you with both Canada Postal and US Postal Service (USPS).
Canada Postal will give you tracking of the package until it gets o the US border, then you'll have to
use US Post Office to track it the rest of the way.

With both my orders, Canada Postal showed it only took a day and a half to reach USA.
The final tracking line says "Arrived at destination foreign country"
Then I take the same tracking number and go to the USPS website and track it the
rest of the way. Once in the USA it takes about another 4 days to get to me in California.

I did that and it said that the package was in Seattle on March 11th but no updates since then. I'll go check again.

In my experience the difference between Canada Post and Express Post is night and day for package delivery from Canada to the US. I used Canada Post once to order some small parts from ebikes.ca and it took several weeks to receive the package here in Albuquerque NM USA. Since that time I have specifically requested Express Post for every one of my orders from ebikes.ca and each one has arrived promptly. I'll never use the non-expedited service again. It's not trackable on a day-by-day basis and I went crazy the one time I used it wondering where the heck my package was. If you decide to use Canada Post to save money, you need to be very very patient.

Joey

Yup, two weeks to get to New Mexico. They didn't ship my battery till 5 days after the order was made, not counting a few days emailing back and forth. So nearly three weeks to arrive after the first buy it click. Not as fast as some ebay sellers for sure, but they don't forget you after the sale.

Whatcha doin for batteries when that motor comes Morph? I just tried paralell connecting a 24v sla pack and a 24v nicad pack on my ev global and I am very happy with the results so far. A lot cheaper than a huge lifepo4 and a lot lighter than two packs of sla's. Weird to be riding with sla's in the bike but not much voltage sag.

dogman said:
Yup, two weeks to get to New Mexico. They didn't ship my battery till 5 days after the order was made, not counting a few days emailing back and forth. So nearly three weeks to arrive after the first buy it click. Not as fast as some ebay sellers for sure, but they don't forget you after the sale.

Whatcha doin for batteries when that motor comes Morph? I just tried paralell connecting a 24v sla pack and a 24v nicad pack on my ev global and I am very happy with the results so far. A lot cheaper than a huge lifepo4 and a lot lighter than two packs of sla's. Weird to be riding with sla's in the bike but not much voltage sag.

SLA's for right now. i'm icing my shoulder. i injured it so typing is harder today. where did you get the 24v pack? i want to see how the motor does with sla before i do anything.

dogman said:
. . .

Let's see I ordered my controller, throttle, batteries, charger and CA June 28th, dropped 1076 dollars and had only a $15 throttle to show for it.*
The controller didn't arrive until the middle of July. I got it and the Cycle Analyst soon after.
The batteries were due to arrive from China after the Olympics. In the mean time I'd been reading lots of stuff here and upgraded the battery order to 48V and 18 Ah. Even after the batteries were in the shop, I couldn't get them until they'd passed QC. Every pack they sell is tested with a few charge and discharge cycles. (You can get the printout of your battery packs' performance)

So I waited until Sept 13th. - two and a half months and I live in Vancouver!

Was I upset with that type of service? No. I'd expected the delays and they were very up front about how long it would take. When I decided to upgrade the battery they didn't want to take my money until the packs arrived and had passed their muster. Mostly for my convenience, Alison accepted payment.

I neither expect nor ask for preferential treatment but they always make me feel like family when I visit the store.
I try to not go on the days they're "closed" because those are often their busiest days.

*The motor was purchased June 19th. Justin included its purchase to let me qualify for the package deal he offered June 22nd where they matched the $100 carbon credit cheque our Provincial Govt. sent to every one in the Province. Instant two hundred dollars extra towards the bike. It was like getting the CA and charger for twenty bucks.

The nicads were from ebikes ca. The wait was less than ping, less than a few of the hubmotors I've bought. But some of those lightning fast ebay sellers do get ya spoiled. Remember when everything, and I mean everything took 6-8 weeks minimum, and often took 3 months?

I'm really impressed with the quality of the pack and the charger. Clearly ebikes ca demands a higher level of it's suppliers.

dogman said:
The nicads were from ebikes ca. The wait was less than ping, less than a few of the hubmotors I've bought. But some of those lightning fast ebay sellers do get ya spoiled. Remember when everything, and I mean everything took 6-8 weeks minimum, and often took 3 months?

I'm really impressed with the quality of the pack and the charger. Clearly ebikes ca demands a higher level of it's suppliers.

yep. I ordered some kind of G.I. JOE toy when I was probably 10 yrs old and I waited so long for it that I nearly forgot about it.

my motor finally arrived !! They tried to deliver it to me today but I didn't hear them so I'm going to go get it tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll hold it for me. I called them but the guy on the phone at the post office sounded incompetent.

Back