Perth bike path speed bump trial set to force speeding cyclists to slow down

Betcha some of the walkers "in danger" walk three or four abreast on that path refusing to leave space for a pass.

Make the path wider is the real solution, combined with some patrolling to curb the truly rude bike riders. 3 meters wide foot wide should be the standard, not 2.

Better still, a fine gravel jogging path adjacent to the paved.

We recently had 1 metre passing legislation enacted. It was like declaration of world war 9...

Everyone in a cage wants cyclists off the road and on the bike paths.

Then the pedestrians get upset because the cyclists are too fast!

So rather than ignore them, they installed jumps, sorry, speed humps...

SMDH.

That's ridiculous.

For one thing walkers will be tripping up on those unless they're painted a highly contrasting colour

That looks like a great little double jump to try and clear, probably find lots of bikers turning around to have another go at it :lol:

:D yes, obviously the authorities responsible have never seen the kids on a BMX track, let alone a decent DH bike.
Looks like they are installing some nice "whoops" for the kids. :lol:
I would not be surprised to hear that these actually attract more trick cyclists just to have fun. :roll:

jonescg said:
We recently had 1 metre passing legislation enacted. It was like declaration of world war 9...
Nobody here even knows there *is* a passing rule (3 feet in our case). I doubt the police even know (the bus drivers and other traffic doesn't--I think the main reason I get space now is cuz my trike is big enough to worry them that they'll hurt their cars if they hit it).

Likely all the dog walkers on the path doing the off-leash thing figured they better raise hell about the big problem. Some of the paths around here it's like running a gauntlet between the dogs, the three abreast walkers and the ones off in space with the headphones on-right in the middle of the path of course.

Back