Bike and trike builders forum

altcycles

1 µW
I am an inventor and builder of alternative bicycles and trikes. I have built a twisting chain front wheel drive recumbent bicycle that converts into a tandem wheelchair trike, a cargo trike or a gas/electric / pedal tribrid. Another is a 2 wheel drive super wide range mid drive worktrike.

I am looking for an open forum to share ideas.
Please let me know of any forums that you know of.
In particular I am researching ideas for a trishaws such as Triobike or Riksja concept that are used in Cyclingwithoutage.org

altcycles said:
I am looking for an open forum to share ideas.

You're already posting in an open forum meant for sharing ideas, that is full of others that create/invent/share their own ideas. ;)

If you want to share yours, you can create a thread (or threads) for them, with design/build processes, etc.

Some of mine are in my signature.

I'd say you found it too, even for the non motorized stuff.

But not so good a place for gas powered bikes. There are other forums more dedicated to that, which have electric bike sections too. They have been typically a bit heavily moderated in the past, biased to those companies who buy ads. So the E bike guys tend to gravitate here. No ads, so we don't edit stuff for that reason here.

But even so, post all you want about gas bikes, or non motorized stuff in the general discussion section. Might get a bit of tough love about a gasser, but I am always still interested in anything with two or three wheels. Particularly custom frames interest a lot of us. Personally, I also do gas, but with a stock 400cc scooter.

Plenty of us here weld up what I call frankenbikes, so there is interest, and experience to draw on here. My efforts are pretty crude, but might still have a nugget or two of inspirational value to you.

Others here could be professional bike manufacturers, the skill level of some of our members is unbelievable.

Back