Veego electric cargo bike???

this new cargo bike looked like a good deal untill I did a simulation of the motor. does any one know how to omake it perform better? other than mounting the motor to the side and using a large gear reduction.

I have not tryed simulating it with higher voltage, but that would really need a larger gear reduction, right?

looks like a child's toy.

vego.JPG

vegoo%2Bbafang.JPG

better motor, sim says 24" so maybe a 9C clone or a mac if the hub is not too large for the rim which it probably isnt as I will be using a mxus 3kw in a 16" moto rim which I believe is 21" bicycle.

You are not Pressing 'Simulate' after altering parameters and thus getting bogus results.

Here's the 2WD version with your proposed 400lb load... 26+mph:

2WD_Veego.png

Upgrading to a modest 25A controller shows the plain vanilla 1WD at 16mph up a 5% grade with a 400lb load.

1WD_Veego.png

With 25A controllers, the 2WD version does 24mph up a 5% grade.

IMO, cargo bikes need big hub motors, or mid drive, unless the cargo is to be a 150 pound rider and a lunchbox.

Thats just another cargo bike fail, using a small geared motor. The small wheel helps to be sure, but its not going to do well loaded up above 300 pounds total weight. Period.

That bike would rock with a mid drive though. Or even just a decent DD hubmotor, that could put out 1000w. With a motor able to put out 2000w and stay cool, it would be a "cargo bike" that does not fail.

Maybe just me, because of where I live. But if a cargo bike cant climb the rocky mountains loaded, its just for a person and his lunch.

Just an update... they've added a folder to this design...

[youtube]xJZsO2-PZQw[/youtube]

Ya know, proportions would look better on a bike like that if you really wanted a small wheel for the torque advantage. Then say a 20" on a 26" bike, and it being fat would cushion the bumps great. Best would be a mid drive or a 9C clone and radially lace the wheel, but if it were me, the Leaf 1500W motor or MXUS 3000W for ultra coolness!

Here is another fabulous fat-tire bike $1800 plus new battery and motor, unless you live on flat land and can pedal a lot. But maybe there is a way....if so please tell me about it. Do you think that it could use up to 72volts... would work with maximum of 20amps??? I don't know what kind of motor it is. I sent an email to find out what motor it is.

electric-fat-tire-bikes-big-cat-fat-cat-xl-500-electric-fat-tire-bike-1_grande.jpg

https://www.electricbikecity.com/pr...MI9tmxu7eQ3QIVxsDACh0mWgnPEAQYBCABEgKYKfD_BwE

Here is the Veego site. $1700
https://www.ridescoozy.com/products/veego-750-fat-tire-electric-bicycle

Back