Could you identify this connector? and SGND mean?

Hi folks, I have this power Supply and I need to know what kind is this connector type? He is a little bit smaller than PCI-E PC connector. I read (8-pong) is this right?

Other thing, what mean SGND signal? if I build a barrel connector to replace the original power supply connector, can I bypasse this pin?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_191844 (1632 x 918).jpg
    IMG_20180316_191844 (1632 x 918).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 733
  • Power Supply connector (864 x 1152).jpg
    Power Supply connector (864 x 1152).jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 982
I can measure this after my work evening.

For the SGND power for my Nokia G-240G (fiber modem). I need to build simple 12v power to powered it from my Solar installation.

Hard to identify the connector from an outline drawing. But to me, it looks like some type of Molex connector. They come in many sizes.
450px-ATX_PS_ATX_connector.jpg

Your supply probably has a three prong plug. Use a meter to check continuity between the plug GND prong and the GND, SGND pins on the connector. I would expect the supply to be isolated and that SGND is the floating signal ground separate from the earth ground (GND) which is probably routed to the power plug. If that's the case, you would use SGND for power and optionally tie the GND connection to any outboard metal enclosure for equipment attached via the connector.

Ok Guys, I probed the power supply connector and between SGND and GND he are nothing, no continuity. Between GND and 12v+ nothing too. Between 12+ and SGND yes I have resistance but it decrease.

On the modem, I connected 12v+ and ground (SGDN) and it work great, no notable difference. :D

I found the connector type name: Micro MATE-N-LOK

Back