upgrading from 6v to 12v battery on kids ride on

audipiglet

10 mW
Hi guys, it's been a while, I'm looking to upgrade the battery on my little girls ride on car, it's 6v and it's gutless.

I'm wondering if I can just throw another 6v battery in there and get a 12v charger but want to check first, there is room for a second 6v battery so I was hoping they would just use the same controller for both 6 and 12v.

The car has flashing headlights and a plug in mp3 player which is what is worrying me about putting 12v in there, I don't want to put too much power through them and break something

Thank you for your help!

audipiglet said:
Hi guys, it's been a while, I'm looking to upgrade the battery on my little girls ride on car, it's 6v and it's gutless.

I'm wondering if I can just throw another 6v battery in there and get a 12v charger but want to check first, there is room for a second 6v battery so I was hoping they would just use the same controller for both 6 and 12v.

The car has flashing headlights and a plug in mp3 player which is what is worrying me about putting 12v in there, I don't want to put too much power through them and break something
You will probably break it. Those things are built with almost no design margin for cost reasons.

Try paralleling two 6V batteries. Performance will improve a bit due to less voltage droop.

Back