How do you get callus off your feet?

markz

100 TW
Some use razor blades, while others use commercial products that sand it away, or you can buy a callus file. Then I ran into a Youtube video where some were using a chemical peel. My friend uses a rotary tool with a sand paper bit. I have used scissors and nail clippers in the past.

I hope the local drug store will the chemical peel, that would be my first choice, if they dont then I'd find a foot orthodics store and see if they have it. Razor blade would make quick work of thick callus areas.

Flexitol brand Heel Balm. Seriously.

I had bad problems with thick heel callus that would crack, and have painful cuts on my feet for months at a time. One reason I liked biking so much, you pedal on the toes. Walking was really sucking.

I tried lots of things, sanding them down, razor cutting them thinner, athletes foot sprays, etc. Nothing really worked.

The heel balm, applied daily to clean feet after a shower worked wonders. After about 3-6 days use, take a long bath and be amazed as all the dead skin easily sloughs off.

Something was going on with my feet. After a years regular use, I no longer need it very often, if at all. But as soon as the problem re appears, it takes care of it quickly now. So I believe it does help your body get rid of some kind of fungal infection on its own, vs regular athlete foot cures.

Very cheap cure, I went through only two tubes of it the first season. It was always worse in summer. Now years later, still working on tube three.

Did amazing things to my hands too btw. Even without a problem like I had, it will very quickly and effectively soften your calluses so they slough off easily. Use it anytime you want to get rid of a foot callus, or pesky hand callus like construction workers get.

I bought some of that 17% wart acid from the drug store, its interesting stuff, I coated the area well a few times then let it dry and the skin become malleable but I ended up taking a clean new razor to it instead and it did the job in no time. I havent had smooth skin in that area of the big toe and heel for decades. The acid was on one foot, the other foot I will do with no acid and see if it really makes a different. I will buy a foot file and one of those stones to keep on it all.

Never heard of the wart acid for callus. Urea is the ingredient of the heel balm. Its an Australian product, so we call it kangaroo pee around the house.

Makes you wonder though, if all you need is to take a foot bath in piss. Glad you found something that works good for you. With the heel balm, once it gets soft after a few days use, I'd just take a long bath, and it would slough off with some mild scrubbing. The key thing is clear, something that softens the callus. I tried sanding for years, and IMO, it just made more callus grow.

I will still do as you suggest, I cut myself ever so slightly using the razor due to my gut fat and not being able to hunch over properly.

I found no different between using the razor with the Salicylic Acid (17%) and razor without. I paid $9.99 (on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart) for 10ml. The acid does work, but how much is required over so many treatments, who knows. The plan was to coat the callus well, get a medi pad and soak it a bit, then tape it on, leave on for a few hours in the evening and see what it does. What I did was coat callus, let dry (~2 minutes) coat again and the top bit of dead skin did become gelly like. Imagine that a few hours would work.

The highest acid content I found was a $20 bottle of 25% on the shelf, so the quote below, the higher concentrations are prescripts.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/salicylic-acid-topical-route/proper-use/drg-20066030

For topical dosage form (cream):

For corns and calluses:
Adults—Use the 2 to 10% cream as needed. Use the 25 to 60% cream once every 3 to 5 days.
Children 2 years of age and older—Use the 2 to 10% cream as needed. Use the 25 to 60% cream once every 3 to 5 days.
Children younger than 2 years of age—Use is not recommended.

For topical dosage form (gel):

For acne:
Adults—Use the 0.5 to 5% gel once a day.
Children 2 years of age and older—Use the 0.5 to 5% gel once a day.
For psoriasis:
Adults—Use the 5% gel once a day.
Children 2 years of age and older—Use the 5% gel once a day.
For common warts:
Adults—Use the 5 to 26% gel one time a day.
Children 2 years of age and older—Use the 5 to 26% gel one time a day.
Children younger than 2 years of age—Use is not

dogman dan said:
Never heard of the wart acid for callus. Urea is the ingredient of the heel balm. Its an Australian product, so we call it kangaroo pee around the house.

Makes you wonder though, if all you need is to take a foot bath in piss. Glad you found something that works good for you. With the heel balm, once it gets soft after a few days use, I'd just take a long bath, and it would slough off with some mild scrubbing. The key thing is clear, something that softens the callus. I tried sanding for years, and IMO, it just made more callus grow.

Did another round of removing skin calluses from my heel with a razor blade, works great. Bled very lightly twice, now my calluses are like a baby's bum.

markz said:
Did another round of removing skin calluses from my heel with a razor blade, works great. Bled very lightly twice, now my calluses are like a baby's bum.

I can second that. Stanley knife with new blade, peels off like an onion skin. What a satisfying revelation!

Back