Tires wont stop popping on Radrover mini

ryan1685

100 W
5 tires in one week. The last one I replaced yesterday and it was popped after 10kms. This bike has stranded me 5 times this week. I lost my sh** finally today and ended smashing the bike to pieces today because I had to make another 3 hour walk home. I don't know how much damage was done, but this is complete and utter bs. Nicest day of the year. I just sold my car for financial reasons and thought this would be a efficient means of transport. But its not. Anyone else experience this ? Could this be related to not seated the bead properly? my front tires been fine since replacing the tube, but my read tire has popped 4 times - of course seeing it is the most difficult to replace.

Wow, too bad you destroyed it. You could have just put motorcycle tires on if you had 20" wheels.

Motorcycle tires are dramatically more puncture resistant than bike tires..

probably just need a new chain and derailleur. I think I am going to just switch to tubeless. Motorcycle tires, wouldn't that add a lot of weight and reduce battery life?

I doubt tubeless will help.

You can find 16 x 2.25 motorcycle tires that are double the thickness of regular bike tires around ~4lbs.
They will increase the ride quality in exchange for the extra weight.

A different tire, one that needs an iron to install, won't pop the bead so easy. I've had similar problems with tires, but in my case it was slipping, and then the stem would cut off. Just kept happening every few miles till I dumped those tires.

BTW, in both cases, my problem was a bottranger cruiser 26" tire.

Im sorry to hear about your tire issues but thats what you get for buying a radrover fat tire bike! Im just a bit bias about that bike because there is a review on the internet where an old man compares a 15 year old Voloci electric scooter which he said sucked, then he built this bike on camera pretending it was the nicest thing since sliced bread.

The Voloci will never get a flat tire

I would guess it's not really the bike's fault. More likely some really poor quality tires or tires that are really old or stored in excessively hot conditions.

I have a fat bike and managed to completely wear out the tires without ever getting a flat.

I know one guy who commutes on a fat tire bike, and he kept getting flats from road debris for quite awhile. He has better luck now since I suspect he has cleaned all the puncturing debris from his commute route by collecting it in his rear tire, and he armored his tires. He also slowed down a bit to see things on the path and avoid them.

I used moped tires on my main commuter, they got one flat per year (much better than bike tires) generally from a construction nail or screw. They were 3/8" thick rubber in the tread and it deflected most puncture threats. Over 4 pounds per tire. It did take some extra energy to run them.

I met a guy with a RadRover Mini in January. He had a lot of miles on it and was very happy with it.

Are the flats from some problem with the tire or rim, or are they from punctures? Need to understand the problem's root cause to address it properly.

Back