Power a LCD screen from a 187650 battery pack

JayE

1 µW
Hi Community,

I have a 10s4p battery pack that is 41V 12ah.
I am trying to build advertisement stands for my business, so I need to power a laptop screen and media box from it.

Someone told me that it is not a good idea as the power source is not stable. Is this true? Surely it is possible as all laptops are powered of these batteries?

This is the components I am using:

The problem is the step down power module only works on the voltage. If I step it down from 41V to 12V the amps gets step down from 12A to 8A which is to strong for the driver board. It overheated. Is there an step down power module out there that can step down both vols and amps?

I am trying to build a screen as per the below link and add it on a stand as per the attached picture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfirQC99xPc&t=214s

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 354
JayE said:
Someone told me that it is not a good idea as the power source is not stable.
It'd be more stable running directly off a battery than anything running on wall-based power (because the source voltage goes up and down depeending on the varying loads in the area throughout the day), or something running off a voltage converter (becasue those can fail, or have other limitations that cause issues).

So I have no idea what that person thinks is less stable about a battery.

The problem is the step down power module only works on the voltage. If I step it down from 41V to 12V the amps gets step down from 12A to 8A which is to strong for the driver board. It overheated. Is there an step down power module out there that can step down both vols and amps?
It's not necessary. The devices will only pull however many amps they need, so the converter actually should be able to provide more than that.

Many things on ebay/internet/etc are marketed as (much) better than they actually are, so it's more likely that the converter you have overheated because it simply can't handle the load (despite whatever the seller "says" it can do), or that it requires a fan and heatsink that it doesn't come with.

Back