¿habla español?

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... Being from the "Great White North", where one in four Canadians claim "French" as part of their "cultural heritage"... my "English-speaking" parents thought it important that I learn "French"... including a "French" tutor to help improve my lousy marks in pubic schools (sp?)... and I ever had "weird" stuff, like a year of school in England w/classes in the "Latin" language. In "European Terms" I had ancestors fighting in 1815 for both the "English" (gunner from Wales) and a guy from France (and his three sons) fighting for Napoleon (the "French").

Anywhoo... Wishing to get "Off Topic" (but not here on the `Sphere!), curious whether there are any web sites watt are "English-Friendly" where the emphasis is "Spanish" ie from Central-South America...

Quaeso? (It's a "brain exercise" thing...)
:mrgreen:

The three phrases I was told to learn when I was in the Navy and we were approaching a foreign country.

Donde esta el bano?

Yo quiero dos cervezas, por favor.

Perdone me, solo entiendo un poco de espanol.

(where is the restroom, I'd like two beers please, pardon me but I only speak a little Spanish)

Trabaho con la pala aqui,( dig here) and undale ( hurry up) and stuff like that is what I know. And I live on the border. I'd have learned a lot more, but construction companies that operate in Spanish won't hire gringos.

Of course, some cussing, calling a guy gay, that sort of thing.

I had first year spanish, but asking where the library is never came in very handy. I taught skiing in spanish for a while, but most of the customers were demanding their money back. :lol:

Watching the spanish news on the net might work for you to pick some up. You'll see the same story you saw in English earlier, and get the gist. On the news, they speak slow and clear. Forget trying to watch a soap and keep up.

Back