Sun Trip Tour 2017

the e wind

10 W
Ok these are a little late, but I now give a few pictures from the Sun Trip Tour 2017. This tour started in Clermont-Ferrand, France, and ended in Lyon, France, by a way through both Saint Bernard passes (the Petite as well as Grand, done in the same day actually), and then around lake Geneva. I can't wait until the 2019 tour, and following the advancements of the 2018 participants is making me jelly (in a good way). Anyways, here are some memories for y'all

1dyGGc6.jpg

Florian Bailly - one of the happiest individuals on planet earth. I was the first participant to arrive in his city (Chambery, FR) before the trip, hence, I was presented the first jersey.
9m9ORW8.jpg

My bike for the majority of the trip. This bike, the 'ski bike' was borrowed, designed and assembled (with a lot of help) in less than 4 hours, because my first one bit the dust on day 3 (damn the GnG mid drive - never again).
4HwMG5Q.jpg

Expo in Val d'Isere - we were the only group of solar powered vehicles amidst hundreds of EV's. One even had fake solar panel stickers.
zXkw1k6.jpg

cRnlAYw.jpg

MAQeFh3.jpg

2nEqY3W.jpg

Left to right: David of the Smile Team (and my joke translator), Bernard Portugal of France 3, myself w/stupid hat, Jean-Christophe Solari of France 3, Sushil Reddy - Guiness Record Holder for solar e-bikes, Thomas of Smile Team.

Like I said, I'm mostly posting this because I'm exited to watch the 2018 rally, and can't wait to participate again in 2019.

That is completely rad, I dig the Sun Trip Tour.