help me buy a sccoter please

dstephenphd

1 µW
I want an electric scooter with these features: large wheels (10”+), direct drive motor (hub-drive), lithium battery, 250 lb. cargo capacity, priced under $750. (So far I like the 2018 Lunar Cruiser for $749)

Any suggestions?

I don't think you could put 250lbs of cargo on that little thing. (I can do taht with my SB Cruiser trike, or my CrazyBike2, but there's just nowhere to put that much stuff (even if it's a block of lead) on something like the little scooters.

That said, you mgiht want to read this thread about their stuff, just for some info:
https://electricbikereview.com/forum/threads/lunar-cruiser-folding-scooter.8633/

God bless you for thinking that the weight I want to pack (250 lbs) is cargo (my error for misleading you). But I weigh 220 and may carry a 30 lb pack so there is plenty of room on the scooter. The link you sent is excellent advice, however. Thank you.

dstephenphd said:
God bless you for thinking that the weight I want to pack (250 lbs) is all cargo (my error for misleading you). But I weigh 220 and may carry a 30 lb pack so there is plenty of room on the scooter. The link you sent is excellent advice, however. Thank you.

Do a search for
XIAOMI Mijia M365 Electric Scooter

This is the model used for the Bird scooters. These have a pretty good track record.

For 250 pounds weight, you will need some real wattage to get up hills. This is where the weight matters, uphill. On the pure flat, a smaller scoots motor can do it. Obviously, the frame itself needs to be adequate, meaning an adult design, not one made for 100 pound pre teens.

But if you have hills to climb, you need to consider something with a lot more power, larger hub motor, and perhaps 1000w.

Same thing goes for range, if they say 20 miles, figure on 10 being reality. When they say 20 miles, its been done with a light rider, no wind, no hills, and riding very very slow. Its not a lie, but its not 20 miles going fast.

Back