"Favourite" error messages

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Just a moment...

Currently booting Windoze ver. 10 Pro on a laptop computer...

Look familiar? Used to be termed the "Blue Screen of Death" :twisted:

Hehe... ^^ Just reminds me of the BSOD... so familiar in the early daze of computing. :lol:

Error messages are not so fun most of the time.

This kind goes with the BSOD and seems to be the most common.

And I bet they are not really sorry I'm getting this message. In fact, I suspect they are ROTFL about it.
Img_2928.jpg

Had this one recently on a very expensive surgical laser system. Great, the little coin battery on the CPU board went dead so there is no way to copy the configuration. New battery is easy enough but reprogramming all the CMOS settings was not so easy. Like how many of us are still running a 386 processor?
Alcon Laser Error.jpg

And this one doesn't seem so bad except when the probe does this, it means about $20,000 to repair

^^ Hehe... You "techno-weenie"... just thinking about the other 99.99999 percent of the world. :wink:

Wow 386 25mhz with 16meg ram. Now that is my kind of pc. Swap out battery and i bet it runs flawless...other than the date being wrong since its all 2 digit

386EX no less. A special version for embedded systems, they kept making those well into the late 90s. It had a static core, so it could clock itself down to zero to save power without losing state. I think it had a weird address bus, like 26 bits or something, I guess to reduce the complexity of the boards it was soldered to.

Pretty fancy stuff in it's day.

Back