Is it possible???

Dirty_badger

1 µW
Evening all, I'm new here and just after some answers to a few questions I have.

I wear a full face respirator at work and it's powered by a rechargeable battery, over the past few months I've noticed it's not holding charge like it used to.

I've stripped it down and it has 8 x HHR450A batteries inside it. The manufacturer sells a replacement battery but I was wondering if it would be possible to make 1 or get someone to make 1 for me?

Also could it be upgraded to a better mAh spec? It's currently 9.6 v and 4500 mAh

Hopefully hear from someone with some good news.

Looks like they NiMh cells about the same dimensions as 18650s. You could use 3 in series to match (pretty close) the voltage, and 2 sets of those in parallel for 6 cells total and probably have room left for a BMS board. You'd have more capacity than you have now.

dustNbone said:
Looks like they NiMh cells about the same dimensions as 18650s. You could use 3 in series to match (pretty close) the voltage, and 2 sets of those in parallel for 6 cells total and probably have room left for a BMS board. You'd have more capacity than you have now.

Thanks for the reply, how would I go about charging them if I did change them over? Also what's the BMS board do?

Back