About as close a shave as you can get!

Wow, that's some criminal negligence there. If I were that cyclist I would have felt seriously compelled to turn around and beat the man with the chainsaw until I got tired.

Probably some homeowner wanting to save some money.
If not then a email to the safety bureau with the video is sufficient. Have to report close calls!

Definitely the rope was expected to pull the tree down to the sidewalk. But the guy on the rope weighs 200 pounds, the tree several thousand. They should have blocked the road while they made that cut for sure.

Reminds me of the time I learned the right way to fell a tree was opposite of what I thought. I put a pine tree right onto a house. On a steep hill, it really looked like it leaned away, but nope. I made too big a notch on the first cut, and away it went back up the hill onto the house. My cuts being wrong let it do what it wanted.

Make the cuts wrong, it will always fall the way its leaning, not the way it looks like its leaning. With the right cut, and wedges, it could have been tipped the way they wanted. But not cuz the rope did anything. You can rope a branch that weighs 500 pounds the way you want usually, but not a 20-3000 pound trunk.

Back