comradegerry

100 W
Hi All

Just thought I would post to interact and introduce myself to the forum.
I have read this and the V forum for a few months without ever writing much. I am new to the ebike thing but see the fun in owning the hybred and having the best of both worlds. My first bike is pictured below, I had a vision but it falls slightly short in a few areas, compromise was required or I would still be dreaming. i am so impressed with what some people are trying to buid, that I see my first bike as a stepping stone towards the holy grail "the perfect ebike" which itself is a compromise between money and legal stipulations. Ready for the upgrade this year to the next level. Bike looks good from the right but the controller and volt meter need a new home on the bars with an LED head lamp arrangement. If anyone has ideas or done that type of thing before i would love to see the result.
Just wanted to say Hi and chime in with my 2c.

Full suspension MTB, 48 V lifepo pack, 1000w rear hub motor.

Good luck

Gerard

Attachments

• custom bike-left.jpg
    custom bike-left.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 831
hi. Are you still able to pedal with your battery and controller in the mid-frame bag like that?

Hi
Pedalling is still possible but is a bit more awkward with knees further out than normal, bag and controller is around 6" wide at its widest. I also need to change the standard gearing the bike came with so it is still possible to pedal with the motor at full speed, which seems to be around 30mph ish.

Gerard

Bike looks good!

Maybe you've already seen them, but check out ebikes.ca for some great little LED lights.

Back