Pneumatic Pulse Welder Air Compressor?

rg12

100 kW
Dumb me bought a pneumatic pulse welder and thought that it has an internal compressor or something...
So...does it need a compressor or only air to be filled once or something?
If I need a compressor, which kind of compressor do I need? what is the smallest capacity I can use for the compressor tank? how much "air" does the machine use?
I really didn't plan this and don't have room for a big compressor...even one with a 25 liter tank is too big...

The size of the inlet pipe might give you a clue? I am suffering from a problem of too many air compressors. Impact wrenches and nail guns.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=YNrIW93fFcbj_AbAvpGoAg&q=what+psi+for+air+nail+gun&oq=what+psi+for+air+n&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.33i22i29i30l10.1271.16966..19735...3.0..0.74.1224.21....2..0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i131j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.wHueIji_8Mw

How much air pressure do you need for air tools?
Air tools made for general use with portable air compressors typically require 0 to 5 cubic feet per minute (cfm) at 70 to 90 pounds per square inch (psi), whereas with larger tools connected to stationary systems, the requirements usually exceed 10 cfm at 100 to 120 psi.

That thing runs off air and needs a steady supply. The "pump" in the pics is just a dryer to remove moisture from the air. You're in luck though compressors are extremely inexpensive and the smallest one at the hardware store should work.

Thanks alot, I hope the inlet fitting wouldn't be a nightmare to find...

I just ordered a compressor.
One question, the unit doesn't weld, it turns on, I can play with the setting but nothing happens when I press the foot pedal.
Is that normal when there is no compressed air hooked up?
The welding head is all the way down since it has no air pressure...
Just wanna make sure the welder is not faulty until I get my compressor to test that

It probably has an air pressure sensor (or something as simple as a pressure switch) and won't operate without the requisite pressure.

Back