anyone own a velomobile ?

morph999

100 kW
I was thinking about buying one and putting an electric hub motor on it. That's what I really want. For those of you who own one that has a cab cover, does it get hot inside it? What do you do to keep the air flowing?

[youtube]BmmWUzsnbhk[/youtube]

Here is the kind I wanted. The Cab-bike. It has a cover to protect from rain and stuff.

http://www.bluevelo.com/bluevelo_-_Cab-Bike.html

I was thinking, instead of saving money and repairing my car, I should save money and buy a velomobile and convert it to electric. All of my problems would be solved.

I've wanted one for years, but the cost is just too much. I did a ton of research on the subject, and could provide you some good links if you wanted. If I were to buy one, it would be the go-one. They'll need to come down about 90% in price though. Once they're mass production and priced accordingly I'm in.

bill bates has a WAW, #42 and he has a C'lyte hub motor on the rear. he uses it year round to commute 13 mi each way to work and raced it last year in the epower challenge. he is mi7d1 on the sphere.

mitch had a bionx on the back of his go one and it tore up the trailing arm so he went back to non assist until he works out a chain drive, likely ecospeed solution.

like lennon said:

"imagine all the people, riding in their velomobile, we hope one day you'll join us, and the world will be this one"

my dream too.

Love the idea myself ...

My first choice is a Twike ... my second choice is an Aerorider Concept.

$11,000.00 base price, who are they kidding?

Rich man's toy is what it is.

Looks like it "could" be a stupid design too, I mean how do you keep cool? Sitting in traffic at a stoplight, in the hot sun, after pedaling hard would be pure misery. Even riding around on a hot day, you would probably need as much airflow as possible to keep you from overheating. Maybe it was only meant for cool climates? The BionX would be a smart addition, then of course you are looking at a $13,000.00 fancy bike.

Deron.

Back