WATT METERs aRe RAIN PROOF?

I was looking at the lunacycle watt meter and saw that the bottom is open for venitation, maybe I can seal the vent holes?? Do they all need ventalation?

I need one that I can leave on my handle bars even in the rain. I donnot want to do any programing like the batt-mann from lunacycle. Mostly due to the fact that I would need to buy a $35 app for it. Or the CycleAnalyst?

Is it possible to use the CycleAnalyst (casa) without programing anything? Is it water proof?
I also made the mistake of buying a 52volt battery. Luna Cycle Watt Meter Burned Out: https://electricbike.com/forum/foru...uestion/2985-luna-cycle-watt-meter-burned-out . Now they have one marked for 52v.

“GT Power LCD RC 130A Watt Meter Power Analyzer Ver.2” http://lunacycle.com/batteries/guages/luna-cycle-watt-meter/

Operation in Wet and Cold Conditions: The Cycle Analyst enclosure contains a clear sealed window to protect the circuitboard and LCD from water exposure. There is generally no problem using the meter in light rain or heavy rain, so long as the meter is upright if the with the cables exiting downwards. The open holes in the bottom allow the device to breath to prevent condensation issues. That said, there have been occasional instances of water ingress into the button keypad circuitry that has caused the buttons to misbehave. If this happens, please contact your dealer for a replacement front enclosure casing. Also, if the enclosure is ever opened up, it is important to re-apply a bead of silicone sealant around the seam so that it is properly waterproofed again on reassembly.

Bear in mind the inventor of the CA lives in Seattle. Nothing is ever completely water proof unless dive rated, and I cannot recommend leaving e bikes outside in the rain regularly without covering some stuff. But riding in the rain with a CA is no problem at all. Same with many of the more modern displays that generally just have a 5 bar watts display, and equally lame volts display.

Back