Brake cut-offs ? [cyclone 3000]

Brake cut-offs ? [cyclone 3000]
Does the brake cut-offs need to be disconected or connected?? Someone said disconected but the diagram indicates that it should be conected to short-it-out?? Using the word 'short' is confusing. When I think of shorting an electrical conection I see think of conecting a SHORT-CIRCUIT that sparks and burns.

I also do not understand the use of the word LOW in this context.

brake%2Bcut%2Boff.JPG

It's more like cutting off your throttle input to the Controller.

So if you short those two wires or place a handlebar switch in between those two wires you cannot accelerate.

The difference between low-level and high-level brake: low-level has two wires that you need to short in order to cut off power to the Motor,
high-level brake has only one wire which is connected to the +12V line on a motorcycle rear brake light.

So in short, low-level brake is made more for ebikes while high-level is used more for motorcycles.

I still do not know what you mean by "short"...do you mean cut the connection or do you mean connect?
connect or dis-connect?

eee291 said:
It's more like cutting off your throttle input to the Controller.

So if you short those two wires or place a handlebar switch in between those two wires you cannot accelerate.

The difference between low-level and high-level brake: low-level has two wires that you need to short in order to cut off power to the Motor,
high-level brake has only one wire which is connected to the +12V line on a motorcycle rear brake light.

So in short, low-level brake is made more for ebikes while high-level is used more for motorcycles.

OK I took a 9volt battery out and tested the brake levers and they do actually let more electricity past when squeezed.
9.2volts drops down to 0.11volts when I let go of the lever. I hope that is normal for it to let a little voltage through.
If not, I will have to buy some expinsive pretested levers.

I suspect that all the brake levers are the same.

Back