Causing Oscillations ?

dwkayaks

10 mW
Gee , does any one have recent experience setting up , Advance settings on a CADP V2.3 . Will the default settings work to operate the motor smoothly , or not ?

In the Grin CA V2.3 User Manual it mentions on page 16 item 8.8 "IntSGain" ,,, "at the risk of causing oscillations" ?

So my new Grin equipment ( throttle, 4835 controller, CA, 8 LiGo's and a brand new eZee 250RC ) are causing problems when test rides are getting "Shuttering" (Oscillations) motor performance at 10A / 40V on the CA and anything above 10 mph ,,, Ouch ! :(

I unplug the CA and re-check with test ride , but still shuttering occurs , so is the problem in the controller instead of the CA , or will re-setting CA " limits " correct the problem , and if so what limit settings to use ? :roll:

Cheers , Douglas

Hi Dan , T Y for your reply . I really thought that swapping out original equipment for new Grin equipment would solve my ebike problems , but alas this hasn't proved to be true .

I have two Grin controllers , both 36V a 4825 and a 4835 and swapped them both , but they both did this Oscillating even with the CA disconnected . I cooked my entry level 250W motor after over 600 miles and cooked my second motor eZee 500-1000W during test riding the new installation , so did both controllers spoil when the motors got cooked too ?

With the rear wheel raised off the ground , the original throttle plugged into either controller , the motor acts as it should , but when I load the motor by test riding or braking (ebrake un plugged) that shuttering begins at about 10A , showing on the CA , and with a full batt charge . :oops:

I set the controller AMAX at 19 A with CA on Batt set-up screen , thinking that 19 Amps would save from cooking the new 3rd motor .

Oh , I swapped out the original throttle , with a new throttle from Grin , but the new Grin supplied throttle started the wheel turning about 1/4 speed upon plugging it in to either controller . Ouch !

New controllers? Are they 36v or 48v. If it's a 48v with a lvc for 48v which could be 40 to 42v, it would cause the pulsing. They might not work at all if the lvc was like 44v.
have you checked the battery voltage right after a full charge. Peak voltage might be around 42 and controller lvc might be right there. if it runs with no load and pulses under load it sure sounds like the controller. Are they programmable?

have you contacted grin? I'm sure they have a goo idea what the problem is as they are great customer support.

dan

Ahoy Dan , T Y for your reply and good advice . The smaller controller is 36v , 25A , with LVC set at 27v and this one worked fine for a year until I cooked the 250W motor . Full Charge is 41.6v .

I wouldn't know if these Grinfineon controllers are externally programmed , unless using the CA to set limits is the programming you mean .

Cheers :shock:

Back