N channel mosfet gate charge.

Rcblack79

1 mW
Hello everyone, what would be considered a low gate charge value on a power mosfer. Ex: 500nC, 600nC etc. Thanks.

To find out what each FET's value is, you have to look at the spec sheets for each individual FET you might want to use (out of the ones that will perform the job you need them to); they're all different.

Then look at the range of values those have.

There is a lot of discussion here on ES in various DIY controller and powerstage threads about gate charge, drivers, etc.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=%22gate+charge%22&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

If you've never designed a powerstage before, you will want to read all the development threads you can, because they point out lots of things you'll need to take care of, including the correct kind of measuring equipment, leads, techniques, etc., to be sure your design is actually working like you need it to.

Thanks for the reply. All of the above has already been in motion. Over the past few years ive read countless articles, ref designs, data sheets etc. From my reading it will be in my best interest to use components and Ics that are designed for my purpose. I have a few LDOs, MCUs, Mosfet gate drivers(3phase and h bridge) that are interesting to me. Most componets ill be limited to there capabilities but the final esc may or may not come for these selected items. Lots i can figure out from data sheets that gives clear wiring shematics and examples of calculations to us the componets and some is over my head, and for R and D im still in the planning/ brainstorming reading phase. Thanks ES

Back