Im back w/tandem conversion into recumbent ebike project!

bluesrocks

10 W
I have been gone for a long time but I am happy to say that I am back as I am finally doing my long awaited recumbent ebike build!

It must have been, IDK, 5-10 years going back when I was here last. This place brings back good memories and the buzz of fresh ideas over cool bit of awesome technology, ebikes/personal electric vehicles. I was especially interested in electrifying two things, recumbent bikes, and all wheel leaning trikes. I learned a lot, lots of helpful people, and was greatly inspired too. I've wanted a recumbent ride for probably the last 2 decades, and an ebike for the last decade or so. So this project has been long anticipated.

I'm so happy to say, that my previous, non-building posts on this forum, was not wasted effort just because I had no ebike to show for my time here. Because,,, I've recently attained a legitimate blessing that allowed me to start my own small metal, wood and plastics workshop, and purchased a great bike and decent motor for my mid-drive recumbent project.

It's so good to finally have a nice ride and it will be a recumbent! I deal with chronic back pain, so I seriously can't wait to get it all converted and up and running! :D

Spoiler Alert: Quick preview of the project
It's a "Schwinn Twinn" tandem conversion into long wheelbase ebike recumbent! Features mid-drive motor and transmission so it should run cool and have plenty of torque or speed as the case may be.
8)
:wink:

Last but not least, thanks to E.S. for being there for the DIY and creative types!!!

I've always found the this forum to be friendly and helpful even before I could afford to make my first ebike build, so I am very happy to finally return here on this forum, and gladly share the process of the conversion and the mid-drive build. This project is slowly but surely beginning. I already have most of the parts and tools, so I'm planning for it to be operational by next year. Hopefully it's just a month or two. (famous last words... hehe)

Welcome back, and best of luck with your projects!

Thanks neptronix, much appreciated. Here's a graphic peak at the project.

Attachments

• my recumbent project 60% better.jpg
    my recumbent project 60% better.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 550
Back