Help. Need BLDC Linamar motor specs

rlynd3

1 mW
(Sorry if this not the proper place for post like these)

I have an old BLDC motor (Linamar M13) from a Solaris lawn mower that I'm salvaging and can't find any specifications online. Does anyone have any familiarity with these motors? Or would it be possible to determine the wattage and voltage limitations by looking at the construction?

Thanks in advance. Here are a few images of the motor and I can take more. I haven't counted the windings yet...

hbq4lc4.jpg

8SQIyXI.jpg

JeU8kjm.jpg

I heard back from the manufacturer and got these simple details about the "motor".

Supply voltage 24V nominal.
Current limit 55A
Low battery cutout voltage 20.5V

I suspect this is more the stats for the controller, but it helps ballpark the motors power output.

Those are almost certainly controller specs, but they do say something about the motor, since typically they will use a conservative enough controller to not destroy the motor under the msot adverse conditions the system was designed for, but they will use a motor good enough to perform under those conditions.

As for how much power a motor can take, it's size says something about it, deepending on the RPM it's operated at, and other condtions like cooling, etc.

Most motors willt ake a significant burst of power, 2-3x the "rating", but only for seconds to a few minutes at a time (cooling dependent).

What are you salvaging it for?

Keep it's original RPM in mind when adapting it to a different purpose. If you don't know what it was, you can measure it, using it's original controller.

Knowing it's RPM and original voltage, you can then calculate it's kV, which means you can guesstimate it's RPM at whatever new voltage you want to run it at.

BTW, I don't see any pics at all. Perhaps you should attach them directly to the post.

Back