Do You Know the Law on your Insurance for your State?

Dauntless

100 TW
So here we go again, now it's my CAR insurance. I got a weird message from Allstate (He said) that my insurance was going to be cancelled if I didn't call back and give him my "Confirmation Number." What confirmation number? They've never had anything like that. So I'm thinking it's just another fraud. But today I got a letter saying that they had received my payment but decided to cancel me anyway. (????) As in I was never renewed.

So here is someone with no tickets, no accidents, no CLAIMS, they're passing up having me pay for others to go out and wreck their cars. Why would they turn that down?

When I was finishing college I had a job in marketing communications with an insurance company, which included writing training materials. So this was a bar/restaurant/mercantile line only offered in California, so for all I know I learned things that don't apply in other states. Though they would mostly be the same.

To my understanding, I'm covered. Not only did they cash the check, they have to give me advance notice. These guys are saying they're notifying me 19 days AFTER they decided to cancel. That's a no no from anything I ever learned. They actually said MAYBE I'll get a refund. The term I learned is 'Flat Cancel,' that means they refund ALL the money to get out from under the liability and act like I was never insured. Since they haven't done that, they are liable. Big mistake cashing that check if they were deciding they suddenly didn't want to cover me anymore.

But is this some bureaucratic snafu? Was this confirmation number some in house thing that is the problem and the call went to the wrong number? Once again I'm complaining to the California Insurance Commission.

But what if it happens to you? Do you know what to do?

With so many of these stupid things happening to me lately, I feel like I need to go read the wikileaks and see if I'm mentioned. I remember they posted the documents where Hillary Clinton was using the State Department to attack rivals and foes, getting someone's credit card number to do dirty work, messing with their credit. I mean wouldn't it about take the State Department to make so many things go wrong at once? Or are they all just so incompetent?

Try the lizard.
https://www.geico.com/
I canceled insurance on a truck. About a year latter got a call from Geico saying they forgot to stop automatically taking money out of my bank account and they would send me a check.

WOW... I gave the Geico company a loan for about $1000? Did they give me interest? They did build some nice new buildings.

When buying car insurance. My favorite words. "Highest deductible" and "Least amount of coverage"

Back