Know Anything about 'Openresty?'

Dauntless

100 TW
I found this page on a browser when I came home, it said 'If you see this page Openresty installed. . . .'

So apparently it's a server program that runs in Linux. No idea about the ability to run on Windows. Any ideas how I figure out if it is hidden somewhere on my computer?

copy the url from the browser tab/window, then use one of the various domain-to-ip-address pages out there to find out what the ip is.

Then check what your ip is.

If theyr'e the same, it's on your computer (or at least, your nework).

If they're not the same, then it's somewhere outside your network, and you can use an ip-to-location page to find out where "exactly" it is.

Someone put software on their webserver but didn't configure it and when you tried to browse to some site or other (or got redirected there) you saw that message. It has nothing to do with you.

You can google that software for more info.

Actually i was wishing to assme flat tire would have it but couldn't be sure. The page opened itself. I looked at it and closed it , no idea where it came from. It did say it needed configuration. I read up on it being Linux and windows.

typically that message comes up on a domain that's not setup yet, or the server has crashed so all it can give is that fresh-boot message.

if it came up by itself with teh browser previously closed, then you probably have spyware or adware on the ocmputer that brougth up the page on it's own.

if it came up with teh browser open with other tabs/windows open with pages loaded, one of those pages probably has popups taht open other websites, and one of those sites is taht one, and it is crashed or not yet configured.

Or it could have been just a link on a page. I'm having some trouble with random openings. Here I might get a thread or forum open without clicking, you don't make them as popups, right? Increasingly screwy behavior since the Windows 10 went in.

Yep just a status page indicating the server is up and running at that IP. Openresty is just a web server like nginx or Apache, without further configuration and content to serve it does basically nothing (except display that status page).

Sometimes you'll see it seemingly at random if the site that it's supposed to be serving is undergoing maintenance or possibly being moved to another physical server and the actual site content hasn't been moved over yet.

As noted above, Openresty is running on a remote (probably Linux or BSD) server, not your local machine.

Back