Are You getting the cold?

Yes, I am congested and a runny nose.

Oh you mean temprature, yeah no fever.

Oh you mean the weather, hopefully it will just stay on the other side of the AB/SK border.

Been sitting just over freezing here for a few weeks now. Dips a couple degrees below at night, a few degrees above in the daytime. Pretty typical Vancouver winter actually, the last couple have been unusually cold so this is ok with me.

-40C here with the windchill

I need to discharge my battery a bit from a full charge, so I will need to bundle up. Yesterday I never even left the house. Suppose to be cold for a few more days :( :( :cry:

It's sure been cold for us in this rain. Trying to remember a month with as much rain as January, not in quite a while. But February is off to a big start.

pfffft cold

Fingertips is the only other variable, aside from the robbers hat or a scarf. Hard to stuff $4 of fleece over the tips of the fingers inside the glove. Will have to go on the hunt for some thin black duct tape, that Gorilla tape is stiff and thick, not good for gloves. I do got some NiChrome vaping wire, could hook something up for the tippies. Figure 15-20W is sufficient, only need it for 20 minutes. 20Wh is 20W for 60 minutes, then turn it off at 20 minutes. 12V x 2Ah, is 3S2P of the cells I got. Might as well wire it up tonight. Got another week of this coldness. Then cut me a nice scarf from the fleece, $4 for 1m x 2m, not a bad deal, swallow my manhood and walk into Fabricland :oops:

So I go to the store this morning in the 45 degrees. This guy is pushing his daughter through the parking lot and she's ge5ting upset. Dad stops to talk to her, as though she understands and can explain about the way he dressed her. I probably should have walked over and said "She's complaining because she wants to get in from the cold, dad."

It's cold here in the pool, only 66, which is 7 degrees higher than a month a go. Low 60's is the low with 80 as a high for the next week, with a few cold days of 65. I sure don't miss the sub 0 weather, just can't ride when it's that cold. Only a few more weeks and it will be spring for you and hot for me.

Dan

48 degrees F for the high today, 33 degrees F forecast for tonight’s low. The valley is “Masters Green”, and the surrounding mountains are Snow White. This should be the coldest it gets here. :oops:

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ048&warncounty=CAC065&firewxzone=CAZ248&local_place1=7%20Miles%20W%20Pine%20Cove%20CA&product1=Freeze+Warning&lat=33.7681&lon=-116.8516#.XFvdqaSIbYU :oops:

I got to a stage where, I can just hop into some crappy Walmart ski pants, with my jeans on, double up the socks, first thin then thick socks. Regular Keen shoes. Gloves have an extra layer of fleece, plus fleece stuffed into the top of the glove. Two hoodies, one stylish thin one, one thicker walmart, and a "winter" walmart coat, thats long at the belt. I just tuck my chin in, and I am good to go. Finger tips still get a tad cold on -37C (-35F) days. If I were to get family memeber to make me some gloves for this kind of cold weather, I could probably do a better job then the expensive $50+ gloves on the rack at Marks Wearhouse store.

Wanna borrow my badger hat? The ladies love it. Unwearable until about -30, possibly the least practical article of clothing I own.

And yes, I believe a badger was harmed making this hat.

So cold in my house this morning I open the windows before I leave to let the air in. Got home before sundown and closed it up, not enough accomplished. I go out without a jacket, I don't get so cold as other people do.

So I come up after 8pm, no jacket, no problem. Once I get in the house I put it on. Really don't want to heat the whole house for just me. But I could unplug the refrigerator and leave the door open. Seriously.

Back