I Sure had Build Fever as a kid

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

I Sure had Build Fever as a kid

Post by Dauntless » Feb 12 2019 2:48am

https://www.instructables.com/id/Power- ... Costume-1/

Too big a pic for the post, if you gotta see it it's a portable forklift suit, or at least a costume you can build. My thought is what's the point unless it's WORKING. Like the comic book submarine you could send away for as a kid and everybody was planning to turn theirs into a REAL submarine. Until it arrived and it was cardboard. But if I got one I was already messing around with the fiberglas resin and my own home recycled reinforcement, damn if those parents knew half the messy, dangerous stuff I was playing around with in grade school. I've seen pictures of two versions of the sub, neither one of them looks half bad, even for cardboard.

ImageImage

What else would have been good to turn in to "REAL?" Anything YOU wanted to turn into the real thing? The tank for two kids? How about a potato gun for the cannon?

The jet spaceship? Or maybe even the Aerojet Training Spaceship Trainer? Just like NASA must have used, right? Dang, find an open lot and you can move into that thing. So I'd be wanting it back when I finished high school.

All this stuff takes up a lot of room. But I'm finding these guys online building their own cardboard submarine, not for their kids but for themselves. And they STILL take up a lot of space.

Are you STILL wanting one of these of your own?

ImageImageImage
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

Hillhater   100 GW

100 GW

Re: I Sure had Build Fever as a kid

Post by Hillhater » Feb 13 2019 4:37pm

" Just Name the Training Spaceship "...
I wonder what the winning name was ?
..... Any bets it was. "Enterprise "... :lol:
( see the link ?...compertition,.... Enter,....Prise,. ! and of course the historic result .
This forum owes its existence to Justin of ebikes.ca

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Re: I Sure had Build Fever as a kid

Post by Dauntless » Feb 13 2019 7:13pm

Who knows, that name might have won. Or Spam.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke