My new hearing aids

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
markz   100 GW

100 GW

My new hearing aids

Post by markz » Mar 06 2019 7:47pm

I got me some new hearing aids, free of course because I am too cheap :lol: 8)
Its a whole new world out there with hearing properly. Lots of times I could not hear people even if they were 4' away from me.
The new fangled technology for hearing aids is Blue Tooth, got them hooked up to my ipod, only thing is the radio does not work because the antenna is the ear buds plugged in. Now if I could buy a personal SiriusXM player I would sign up right away and pay monthly. For now I will just have to upload music to my ipod.

aroundqube   1 kW

1 kW

Re: My new hearing aids

Post by aroundqube » Mar 06 2019 11:45pm

I have the hearing aids with Bluetooth too. My setup in house is internet service provider connected to wireless router. Then cellphone to internet via router. I installed a free FM radio app on the phone. I can listen to music with headphones , or use Bluetooth to hear phone calls , or music through the hearing aids. Away from home I could use the FM radio app , but I would be using up data from my phone plan. Unless free Wi-Fi is available.

raylo32   100 W

100 W

Post by raylo32 » Mar 07 2019 9:09am

Sirius XM subscription can be had with mobile phone/PC play option. You don't need a separate player. I have the service in my cars so added online option to use at home with Alexa and Echo devices. Can also stream to my phone that can connect to bluetooth headphones... and hearing aids.
markz wrote:
Mar 06 2019 7:47pm
I got me some new hearing aids, free of course because I am too cheap :lol: 8)
Its a whole new world out there with hearing properly. Lots of times I could not hear people even if they were 4' away from me.
The new fangled technology for hearing aids is Blue Tooth, got them hooked up to my ipod, only thing is the radio does not work because the antenna is the ear buds plugged in. Now if I could buy a personal SiriusXM player I would sign up right away and pay monthly. For now I will just have to upload music to my ipod.
Last edited by mark5 on Mar 07 2019 9:18am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quote tag

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Mar 07 2019 5:21pm

I have tended to keep my phone separated from my tunes since my old cells battery was real bad, in winter it was worse. Would go from full to empty in 10 minutes if that. I got me a new LG K9 prepaid phone so I could use that for the apps you talk about. The radio is boring, same songs over and over again, using data on my phone isn't really a thing I want to be doing so I gotta figure out how much data those services use up because I dont even use a half a gig byte.

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Mar 08 2019 9:01pm

I wonder where Phonak ranks in the hearing aid department, even Bosch sells hearing aids.
Phonak is one of the top manufacturers, http://thehearingzone.net/
With hearing aids there really isn’t much difference among brands. Each audiologist is going to have their “favorite” manufacturer based on how much experience they have with their products.