E-scooter has battery power but no motor power

njdjninja

100 µW
My Davinci E-scooter has made it through everything. I have learned a lot about fixing everything from my rear wheel seizing, it turning backwards, my lights not working, etc. Today I drove it to a destination with everything working fine. When I went to start it to leave, the ignition turned on, my lights and signals worked but there was zero power or sound or anything that would indicate it was running other than the lights and gauge. The rear wheel didn't turn and there was no sound from it at all. What is wrong with it now???

what controller does it have and does power actually reach the controller including the power on trigger voltage?

Hi.
There is no longer any stickers or name on the controller but it is a 72 volt controller. Its only a year old though and Im thinking that if I turn on the ignition and it shows battery strength as good, my lights and signals come on, it may be the throttle as I have had a few problems with that. Do you think that is a possibility? There is nothing on the net about davincis and no real schematics available as the company is defunked.

get a mulitmeter and check voltages.
there should be 5v going from the controller to the trottle. that should also be a indication the controller is on.

So I looked at pics of various DaVinci's and one resembled an unidentified Chinese scooter I never did fix. Same problem you're describing. If you get the rear wheel off the ground and work the throttle does the wheel at least sort of turn? If you walk it and turn the throttle does it jolt, etc., but not really go? I got the idea of mine that it was seriously burned out inside. I thought more than just the controller.

Only two months ago I had a problem where my rear wheel seemed to jam when I hit the throttle. I bought another rear wheel because I thought the bearings may have gone, or the motor might be seized but that wasn't the case. By some freaky occurrence, it seemed a short had reconfigured the wiring connections and my new wheel ran backward. Because the wiring for the motor and the brake assembly had to run on the opposite side I put the old wheel back on and went through 36 combinations of phase and hall wiring matches before I found the correct combinations and it ran perfectly until now. The wheel does nothing. No sound, no pull, almost as if it wasn't even connected. We checked the throttle and the meter showed that it passed, checked the brake switch, but when we disconnected the switch it still didn't run. I didn't smell any burning plastic or anything but 2 of my phase wires were a little melted so I cleaned and reconnected them all. Still nothing but my battery turns on the lights and signals, no problem. What now? I'm starting to think I'm cursed. This is my only transportation.

disconnect the motor. measure between each phase wire combination the resistante (dont use your fingers). resistance should be well under 1 ohm and virturally identical on all combinations. if your meter as the option to delta out the leads use that function as you are measuring in the sub ohm range.

then connect the hall sensors and check voltage going TO the sensors. then check on each hall lead if you get a switching 5v signal. do the same for the trottle input. that should be a analog 0.4~4.5v signal coming from the trottle.

when you actually did that you can report back your findings.

Back