Alta Motors Redshift

Couple of more pics from the same area I have been riding in central Nevada. The one thing I can unequivocally say about the Alta is I am glad I bought it. Zero buyers remorse.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 2,569
Rix said:
Zero buyers remorse.

Some sort of underlying pun intended here? Was that an actual statement from you or was it a dig at those who bought a Zero?

Pretty sneaky buddy, pretty sneaky! :wink:

Tom

congratulations, Rix! Looks great...
While researching the price, I found this review - very positive.
https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/08/article/2019-alta-redshift-exr-first-impression/

litespeed said:
Rix said:
Zero buyers remorse.

Some sort of underlying pun intended here? Was that an actual statement from you or was it a dig at those who bought a Zero?

Pretty sneaky buddy, pretty sneaky! :wink:

Tom

Honestly Tom, until you pointed it out, I didn't see it. No when I said "Zero buyers remorse" I meant no remorse for buying my Alta. I now can see why someone would think that now. Thanks for asking and pointing it out.

PRW said:
congratulations, Rix! Looks great...
While researching the price, I found this review - very positive.
https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/08/article/2019-alta-redshift-exr-first-impression/

Just read this article, it was good, thanks for posting the link.

Hehe... One disabled old guy converted to recumbent tricycle. Come on Alta... "Pick Up the Pace"? :lol:

LockH said:
Hehe... One disabled old guy converted to recumbent tricycle. Come on Alta... "Pick Up the Pace"? :lol:

Hey, I almost resemble that remark, at least, the disabled old guy part. :lol:

In theory, it shouldn't matter what map its in for highway droning battery consumption, right? I read elsewhere that an extra battery is $2500. If true, that might be a good deal.

Are any of the components off the shelf items ie what sort of throttle system is present?

I didn't even know trouble was brewing. A while back I read they partnered with HD motor cycles and I thought the future of Alta Motor was bright.

Hopefully they will get investors to pick up the slack so they can continue to move the industry forward. They have really done well with sales this year and likely will do even better next year. I don't know anything about the financial situation in the company, how large their debts are and what kind of sales numbers they need to go into black and make profit. But I really hope they get investors.

Wow! That sucks, I was planning on picking one up next year...now I’ll have to wait. I hope they don’t follow the same path as Brammo, they really have a good bike going here.

PRW said:
ha - so Alta has ceased operations https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/alta-motors-ceases-operations/
Hopefully they recover!

Thats strange, I just ordered a coolant adapter to flush my coolant yesterday, I was advised it will be here within a few days.

Well I guess thats how it goes. Now matter how the future look it is always business as usual as long as there is hope. Anything else would be at risk of causing more damage and put an extra strain on an already tough situation. While you spoke at someone on the customer department, I bet the management was working frentic in their offices to try to get signature to deals they've been trying to close. If they would have gone public about the situation potential buyers or investors could scare easily.

This does not mean they are going belly up, could be a play from an investor to try to lower the price for the shares, or to make it easier to get a better deal. I hope they get it sorted. Alta already made headlines in the mx scene. Banned from racing with ICE bikes etc. Clearly people are starting to see just how good these bikes are. Would be a shame if it stops here.

The tires, brake pads, and chains/sprockets are general purpose items, so they will remain available from a third-party seller. I am curious about what parts are "Alta-specific", and might wear out.

Buy a spare of X, Y, and Z...if you own an Alta. They appear to be pretty wonderful.

macribs said:
Banned from racing with ICE bikes etc.

Class rules in mx have always prohibited electric from running with ICE bikes, although you could run it in open class if you can find one. Also, with a intermediate or expert rider the battery can only do a few laps of riding before overheating and losing power. The bike is awesome, and actually I'm looking into buying one, but don't promote it as a mx race bike when it's not capable of that yet.

flat tire said:
macribs said:
Banned from racing with ICE bikes etc.

Class rules in mx have always prohibited electric from running with ICE bikes, although you could run it in open class if you can find one. Also, with a intermediate or expert rider the battery can only do a few laps of riding before overheating and losing power. The bike is awesome, and actually I'm looking into buying one, but don't promote it as a mx race bike when it's not capable of that yet.
flat tire this is not true with the MXR SMR and EXR that were all released with a new chemistry this year and 50hp.

Now a MXR can do a full moto with a Pro on it and last the whole race plus a few hot laps with no thermal problems.
That was the reason for the R

spinningmagnets said:
The tires, brake pads, and chains/sprockets are general purpose items, so they will remain available from a third-party seller. I am curious about what parts are "Alta-specific", and might wear out.

Buy a spare of X, Y, and Z...if you own an Alta. They appear to be pretty wonderful.

Just the chain slider, rear fender and radiator shrouds. Everything else is either KTM SXF specs such as sprockets and break pads, YZF 450 for footpegs, and 2009 CRF450 front fender. The head light lamp assemble can be replaced with about anything.

macribs said:
Well I guess thats how it goes. Now matter how the future look it is always business as usual as long as there is hope. Anything else would be at risk of causing more damage and put an extra strain on an already tough situation. While you spoke at someone on the customer department, I bet the management was working frentic in their offices to try to get signature to deals they've been trying to close. If they would have gone public about the situation potential buyers or investors could scare easily.

This does not mean they are going belly up, could be a play from an investor to try to lower the price for the shares, or to make it easier to get a better deal. I hope they get it sorted. Alta already made headlines in the mx scene. Banned from racing with ICE bikes etc. Clearly people are starting to see just how good these bikes are. Would be a shame if it stops here.

Yah indeed.

Rix said:
spinningmagnets said:

Just the chain slider, rear fender and radiator shrouds. Everything else is either KTM SXF specs such as sprockets and break pads, YZF 450 for footpegs, and 2009 CRF450 front fender. The head light lamp assemble can be replaced with about anything.
Uhm the important things that might fail... Motor, Controller, Battery, Frame, swing arm, are all proprietary.

As I type this, the un-official word is Alta already has a new investor/owner. More information will be made available within the next week or so. Even though KTM makes the E-Ride, my wild guess hunch is the new investor/owner could possibly be KTM. I base this on the fact that alot of KTM dealers are also carrying the Alta line. Ultimately, we shall see.

Arlo1 said:
Now a MXR can do a full moto with a Pro on it and last the whole race plus a few hot laps with no thermal problems.

This is absolute complete and total bullshit and you are very much misinformed. The 2018 Redshift MXR at our track overheats in like 4 laps with the owner or my friend riding it. Neither one is even an expert, my friend races B class and I dunno what the other one does. See the review I linked in the second post on page 1.

Dude your friend has a MX not a MXR.

Hard to tell if the video you posted is the real deal or if this was a review made by a rider that has not yet gotten used to the power delivery of the MXR. If you see the comments below there are two that kind of says he is all wrong about most of it, including the overheating. And the weight distribution, in the video he claims bike is front heavy. When reality is that the bike is well balanced at close to perfect 50/50. So when he crack down on the MXR it makes it kind of hard to trust they guy. What else in his review is wrong?

Maybe Rix can do a track day video? He is used to mx riding and now are comfortable on his new Altå. Don't know if the power train are the same as in the MXR and the battery, he will have a few pounds extra for the lights etc but I think I would have an easier time trusting a review from Rix who is a well known member here then some random youtuber throwing false claims around.

Back