Seattle EVt-168 Survivor Help!

PtheDude

10 mW
Greetings,

Boy am I glad I found you guys! I have been scouring the net for the heir apparent to VisVoltage and apparently its here! Sweet!

I'm helping a super cool lady with her bought new Evt-168 Still has the working Amita Tech Battery 40ah 52v battery pack, tested good.
Tested the hub motor, crosswire test and hall test to 5v good
I've even jumped the damn blue wire to 52 volts and I'm still... no joy

series of rapid beeps when turning on, the lights go thru sequentially, and then just keep going, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4, I just ordered one of the controller tester things. And another controller, not that I want to try and hack it in. If Aussie has a lithium controller on hand, I'll pay you for it and ship it to Seattle. If anyone does, that is.

Finally, I think it is lame, irresponsible and rude for bravo, EVT, Amita and all the out of business dealers to leave such a information vacuum for this vehicle. I mean, WTF? Why wont EVT answer emails, and release the schematics, etc to the people that bought their products? They Suck. The scooter is cute as hell, way better than the asian styled bug/transformer ones. My GF wants one now, but they are almost made of unobtainium at this point.

any assistance you can give will reap you much excellent karma.

P

oh! ecco cruze? anyone?

G'day PD.
Sorry mate, I've only got SLA brushed controllers in 50 km/h & 60 km/h versions.
Checked on my 168. Does what you described if I switch it on with the kill switch off. I tried it because I once spent 3 hours tracing the wiring on a Kawasaki to an off kill switch & felt really dumb! Wasn't the only time a kill switch caught me out either. & I'm sure I'm not the only one.

AussieRider

Thanks Marty, but if you actualy goi ferret thru that post ( and trust me, I am google-enabled ) you get the cheesy "service" hack job link and that's it. the topic should have a ? appended.

just knowing what all the flashing the pod does, would be killer. is that stuff in the service manual?

nope.

The blinking lights happened to me when I powered up my 4000e the first time, but it turned out I had 2 switches next to the throttle turned the wrong way by mistake,.. I was pretty embarassed at myself for that one, but it's a simple enough mistake to make,... if that turns out to be the problem, then you might not need to replace anything,...

Hello P the dude, nice to know I’m not the last one running one of these.
Rapid beeps, and the LEDs going thru sequentially, is normal behaviour for these scoters when turning them on.
Before looking for the error, the first thing we should determine is whether the scooter has a brushed motor or not.
On the brushed motor, the cooling ribs are concentric circles around the centre, in addition the rim and motor housing is casted in one piece.
On the brush less motor, the cooling ribs are radiating out from the centre, and the rim is bolted to the motor housing.
In addition, if the controller is for brushless motors this is usually written on it.

Hi PtheDude.
Some years ago, my scooter had a problem with symptoms quite similar to the ones you describes.
On the BLM models, the gas wire goes to a potentiometer located between the front cover. On my scooter, the locking pin attaching the arm to the potentiometer fell out with no apparent reason. However, I assume other problems on the ling from the throttle to the motor controller will give similar symptoms.

Hi I’m in Seattle too
I’m working on two of these

Let me know how it went or is going now

Thank you

Back