Looking for Vespa Elettrica reviews or opinions

AF7JA

100 W
I have an ebike that I built, but I am looking for something a bit faster and a bit more refined. I do have a motorcycle license and experience. I had an electric scooter for several years in Asia.

I have been giving thought to the Vespa Elettrica and the new Sonders motorcycle. The Sondors looks like it will perform better; however, no one knows because, as far as I know, no one has ridden one. On the other hand, the Vespa Elettrica exists and has the reform factor advantages, and disadvantages, of a motorscooter

The other concern I have relates to licensing. I know the Vespa can be licensed. The Sonders is expected to be street legal, but no one has registered one yet. The Vespa is also slower than the Sonderes claims it will be.

I can't help but think that even if the Sonders lives up to all of the claims, in ten years (just an arbitrary line) the Vespa will still have a greater "cool" factor. Further, parts and support will still be available. . . the Sonders, I have looked at their parts page and I am not so sure about it being supported once the "next thing" comes along.

I think you can see that I am leaning toward the Vespa. Has anyone ridden one? Thoughts and comments welcome.

I really like the Sonders. Great looking bike with potential. I think, if produced as they claim with the concept, it will be a fun bike.

That said, Sonders is an online bicycle company, and service and support may have severe limitations, and may not exist in the long run. I would still love it with the expectation that any issues will likely be self repair after warranty.

The Vespa, on the other hand, is a long standing company with real service capability. Great looking, and surely pretty reliable.

The bigger question to you is, what is your expected use? Is it for fun, a city commuter? Will it be parked in a safe location? When do you need it? The Vespa is available now, Sonders "may" be available in 2021.

Most important of all, which one tugs the heart strings the most? I always advise motorcycle buyers to pick what the heart wants of you will never really be happy with your choice.

Back