a bit of a pickle...

nonamer

10 µW
Hi all

I've got a bit of a conundrum and hoping for a bit of help.
I have a Heinzmann PMS 120 motor, 7kW, 100amp with sin/cos sensor. And I also have a couple of controllers Sabvoton SVMC72150 150amp and a Sunwin 1500w. 80v battery too.
Both Sabvoton and Sunwin use hall sensors which means I have to run sensorless and that's fine at high rpm but as low rpm it's pretty bad - very little power and bad juddering (as you'd expect).
The way I see it I either have to add hall sensors to the motor somehow or get a sin/cos sensor-supporting controller like Sevcon gen4. I'm new to this so really not sure how to add hall to the motor. And as for Sevcon, it's all very expensive, the controller + harness + DVT + IXXAT... Could maybe afford the controller but not being able to program it would defeat the purpose.
So what do you think I should do? Maybe buy Sevcon and try to find someone to help program it so I don't have to buy all the other bits? Or maybe there's an easy hall add-on solution? Or are there other sin/cos-supporting controllers that can provide 100+amp continuous and are not as extortionate? Would be a shame to get rid of the motor as it's all installed nicely now but maybe that's the only other solution?...
Any suggestions welcome

Many thanks
V

cheapest: https://www.kellycontroller.com/shop/kls-8080i-ips/

with that you can use the sin/cos sensor of the motor. slapping on hall sensors is not practical.
kelly software is free and the cable is a standard serial cable.

cheap is relative. its 500+ bucks but still half of the price of a new motor and you can sell those other hall controllers to offset the cost.
considering the good ixxat cable already costs 500 bucsks for reprogramming a sevcon i think this is the way.

flippy said:
cheapest: https://www.kellycontroller.com/shop/kls-8080i-ips/

with that you can use the sin/cos sensor of the motor. slapping on hall sensors is not practical.
kelly software is free and the cable is a standard serial cable.

cheap is relative. its 500+ bucks but still half of the price of a new motor and you can sell those other hall controllers to offset the cost.
considering the good ixxat cable already costs 500 bucsks for reprogramming a sevcon i think this is the way.

Thanks pal, that's very handy!
What about Curtis controllers? I think Curtis AC F4-A should work as well but any idea which other models might?

i never used them. i prefer the kelly's. simpler to use and program.

Back