YXT speed signal from controller to display

BareKuda

100 W
How do I test my controller speed signal to see if it’s YXT?

I have a cargo delivery scooter that came with an LED display suitable for a Barbie Kids car, with LEDs for left, right, headlight and 4 battery bars. No LCD, no speedometer, voltage, odometer etc. so I’m planning on upgrading it.

My controller has the thin green wire with bullet connector, just not connected. On some old controllers I have this wire is just comes straight off one of the phase wires, which is the standard speed signal for many controllers. Then I went and tested the one on my scooter and it’s not directly connected to any phase or hall wire, but rather puts out a voltage proposal to motor speed as follows:

Gear 1: 0v -18v
Gear 2: 0v - 24v
Gear3:0v - 30v

Is this YXT or something else?

Some of the displays I’m considering have indicators for the 3 speeds and only work with the YXT speed signal.

I’ve searched the internet for days and see YXT this and YXT that but notice saying what type of output you should expect. I understand some of the communication signal probably can’t be read with a multimeter, such as the one telling the displace which of the 3-speeds is selected, but the base signal for kph might be.

Back