Electric Honda Ruckus (Zoomer) - Rear swing arm help

kaning

1 mW
Hi all,

I own a Honda Zoomer (Netherlands) and after looking at it I've decided to give it a go and convert it to electric.

Specs:
- QSmotor 3.0x10 inch (which allows to mount the original tyre 130/90-10. 16,7 KV
- 72v 40Ah Battery using Sony US21700VTC6A cells. (maybe this will change depending on final size). Intention is to use fuel tank space to place the battery.
- Sabvoton SVMC72150. I tried look into getting a SSC72150 due to form factor. Does anyone know why they stop being manufactured?

My goal is to make the scooter street legal and all CE certification and EMC test reports are available from manufacturers.

My main question at this point is about the rear swing arm and how it is compatible with the rear suspension location.
Any Ruckus / Zoomer owner that can give some advice?

Something like the picture below might work as there different heights for the suspension but not it sure it aligns.
Another important question is the axle width, does anyone know this value for a ruckus? Thanks all

nA0XULE.png

Are you planning on using motor & controller from an existing registered (Dutch) moped in order to show EMC certificates at RDW?

Hi,

No, that is not required I think.
The reason RDW requests these documents is to make sure that all components used comply with CE standards.
For the battery though, I'm not sure how much trouble I will get since the cells are are CE but the overall pack is DIY. I don't there are any regulations on how battery packs should be built, I think. Probably if it looks "professional" and safe it will be ok.

EDIT: Manufacturer of the motor and controller etc should provide you with this documentation.

Hey, kaning. I found your post because I am planning pretty much the same swap. I have been researching the same motor and controller manufacturer too. I don't see a 10x3 motor listed on the QSmotor website though. Did you request a special order?

Also, for the swing arm, do you have a link for the product? I was planning on designing my own custom fit swing arm but if you have had luck with a commercially available swing arm then I might look into that too.

Back