Hidden function on kugoo m4

Gas_Gas

1 µW
Hello,
I'm looking at the controller of my kugoo m4, trying to to understand the unused functions (curiosity plus i'd like to enable regen braking if it's possible).
I read a lot about but it's my first ev so I'm missing some trivial information.
I have tested (when putted low):
F1: reverse
A2: the motor do not spin ( it don't stop it if it's spinning)
L: low speed
DS: goes low when SL does
SL: low break (used as brake)
SH: High break (to Vcc)

On the forum I read that ebs generally it's enabled by connecting function X to DS (read up).
But in my case the reverse current (Amp) that I can read (by current clamp on one battery cable) it appear to be the same when X and DS are not connected (using only function SL). Plus the rear wheel do not do any force when I try to spin it (in the air).

Function A3 (when put low) does some weird stuff:
Like the low brake (SL) slow down the motor and after 5 seconds (if the wheel it's spinning, if it's not it block it immediately) electrically block the wheel. Seems to me much stronger than a regen brake.

Here there is a video
[youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/5-Aydd-8No0?feature=share[/youtube]

may I have any help to have a name for function A3, please? (end regen eventually)

Attachments

• IMG_20220128_210937.jpg
    IMG_20220128_210937.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 533
A3 = wheel lock; it connects to an alarm, which engages the wheel lock when the alarm is set. This is mostly intended for the sit-down, "DUI"-type scooters; it is not regen. I just learned this too, so...yeah! Cheers.

FWIW, the wheel lock function on this controller:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68501
does work as an electric brake, but I don't recommend using it at speed; it could lock the wheel so suddenly and so hard you're likely to skid instead of having useful braking. (I have it connected on my SB Cruiser trike's right rear wheel as an emergency braking function, but try not to use it--it's strong enough to have caused the axle in the wheel to spin despite a clamping dropout).

Because it is actually using current to fight the wheel rotation, it will quickly heat the motor, phase wires, and controller, and could blow things up if used as a brake.

Back