Reset cheap Chinese controller

_AMR_

1 µW
Hi all,

I just bought a new Chinese controller Midream 48V 60V 64V 1500W from Amazon. It came without any manual.
I connected it to a 1000W hall BLDC motor and 64v battery (Red+, Black-, yellow green blue and ignition+ and Hall). Then connected the learning wires: nothing.

Is there any known way to factory reset a cheap controller?

There's nothing to "reset", AFAIK.

The only settings it has are the learn wires; if you get no response from it using those, or the throttle, etc., then something else is likely wrong.

Most commonly, either the keyswitch/ignition wire is not connected (usually to battery positive), or an ebrake line is active (usually by shorting to ground, for low-brake, and 12v+ for high-brake, but there are a few that are active when nothing is connected and require a signal to deactivate).

Some use a different sequence of steps for the learning wire usage; typically it's just connect them, power on controller, wait for wheel to spin the direction you want, power off controller, disconnect them, then use normally. Or some variation on that.

Do the motor and battery work with other controllers?

Yes, I bought two identical controllers. I just tried the other one and that one works fine. Must be a monday morning product then.
I cannot return it as I clipped of the connectors.

If you're willing to open it up, you could check for broken wires, or wires connected to the wrong places. (for the latter, you'd have to compare to the working one, and I don't recommend opening that just to check things out because there is always a risk of breaking something, or ESD damage, etc).

Poor connections and broken wires are not uncommon, and are the most common reason for electrical things not working properly.

Back