Tire Valve for QS 10" Hub Motor 7KW

alxc

1 µW
Hi,

I'm currently converting my Chinese Scooter to electric (again, my first mid-drive build works, but I want to make some changes like no chain and more power), so I got myself a QS 10" 7000W Hub Motor.

The valve hole is 9,5mm and access to it is very poor, seller isn't willing to help me, so do any of you have the same motor and/or an idea what valve I could use? Regular angled scooter valves seem way too large overall and hit the motor/cover just half way in.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.qs-motor.com/product/most-powerful-qs212-10inch-hub-motor-7000w-70h-v4-type/

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

Get a tube with a right angle valve.

I'm with Chalo on this. The valve stem on a tube is narrower & come in straight or bent stem. If you really want to go tubeless though,. Use a lube like dishwashing detergent & work the stem in from the inside. You can get a 90 degree valve extension from most motorcycle shops.

AussieRider

Thanks for the responses. I now found and ordered some "PVR40" 135° valves and will see if they can be fitted, possibly with modifications to the valves and the motor cover, otherwise I'll probably look for a tube. Will keep you updated, on the whole build of course 🙂

Small update: Got my "PVR40" 135 degree valves, used the Dremel to relief the cover a little, and it popped right in, not even touching the motor, perfect fitment. Actually went in a little to well maybe, not fully trusting it yet, might feel slightly too loose. Will take it to my mechanic to put on the tire and see what he says, and how it works.

My subframe laser-cut parts should also arrive this week, maybe I can post a build-thread soon :flame:

https://ebikescooter.com/product/4-pcs-135-degrees-valve-for-tubeless-tires-pvr40-pvr50-pvr60-pvr70/?v=3a52f3c22ed6

IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0857.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG

Hi did you manage to install the tubless tyre in the hub motor ? I went through the same struggles with my 3 kW 10 inch QS Motor. Your thread helped me to fix the valve topic. its in now, thanks. I also managed to put the tyre over the rim. What I am definitely struggling in is to "lift" the tyre on the two "higher" sides of the rim. Its useless to press air in it because the tyre is loose in the rim. maybe you could give me advice here ? looked all over the internet I found nothing must be very easy haha :)

If the tire is not wide enough to seat on the rim as it should, you could force it using a cargo strap wrapped around it's outer circumference on the tread and cranked down.

Back