Chinese electric moped suggestion, configure controller or other fun?

Considering getting a electric Scooter moped (EU-version which means 45km/h version) but want to find a model that someone has hacked or know how to derestrict or whatever other fun thing one can do to a electic moped. So I am open to your suggestions, what is a good model to look for?
It called Vento Flash or Viarelli Enzero here in sweden but are probably known as another name in your country.

If you want to have some simple way to reconnect the unlocking if I get polled over,, perhaps I need some controller with open source software?

Yeah, I'm rambling, but are looking for controller or mopeds that are simple to "hack".

Here in Sweden this (attached file) 2000W model (Enzero / Vento Flash) is pretty cheap, it runs on 60 volt. But I don't know anything about the controller, perhaps some of you do? It is a chinese moped, looks very similar to Flux EM1 for example.

Another model I'm thingking of is with 3000w engine and called Viarelli Vincero here in Sweden. I've also seen it called e-broh Spuma Li in spain etcetera.

So what you think is a good electric scooter model to get and eventually mod? Any good ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• enzero_viarelli.jpg
    enzero_viarelli.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Viarelli_vincero_3kw.png
    Viarelli_vincero_3kw.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 127
Hi,
first off why not simply getting a "bigger" model? might turn out cheaper and less hazzle in the end...
Anyway as you are posting from sweden you do realise that you are asking for advice on "illegal" changes... (internet is not law free area)?

Anyway:
If you simply want more acceleration get the more powerful version as you want to ask more power from it anyway. Overloading a motor is not a problem but of course only so much...

So for more acceleration you either need more amps or a higher gearing combined with higher voltage ( amps - torque volts- speed).
The later might be difficult to do (how to access gearing?) a bigger bat needs to fit.
The first solution might damage your pack so a battery with higher amp rating is needed and has to be found and fit...

-so you need to source a controller ( and maybe pack) preferably with eco and sport mode, program eco mode to give only 45 kph and find a way of "hiding " the whole. being it via app or installing a hidden compartment eg...

Only more top speed?
get a higher volt battery pack and controller with it....or change gearing (will result in slwoer acceleration), and make sure your motor is able to handle it... going from 48 to 52 or even 56 might be no problem but all the way (in this example) to say 72V might burn up the motor real quick....
do not forget about the bms which needs to be changed....and your charging equipment..

In the end it will be almost a complete rebuild so you could as well do a conversion of an ice model....or buy a bigger one as mentioned above.
Let us know how it turns out ... and remember - have fun

flo

Back