Arctic Leopard dirt-bike, 72V

I have one of them, it's pretty amazing. I've only ridden it once because I wheelies over backwards so violently on my first part of my first ride that my leg hasn't recovered yet to have a second ride. Bad ass machine, suspension feels good, brakes feel soft, power and torque hit is serious and real.

Luke, I know you are a busy guy, but if you ever pull the motor open, please take pics? I can tell by a pic how many laminations it has, and if you measure the lamination stack width, we can calculate each lam thickness.

spinningmagnets said:
Luke, I know you are a busy guy, but if you ever pull the motor open, please take pics? I can tell by a pic how many laminations it has, and if you measure the lamination stack width, we can calculate each lam thickness.

When I have a free few hours to spend, I will open it up and take a look and share pics and lam thickness.

liveforphysics,

Sorry to hear about the wheelie accident that hurt your leg using this machine.

Were you experimenting with Newton’s Second Law of Torques when applying the Dirac Delta Function as IC’S to the DEQ’s while expecting to get the erogodic progression of a random event for the mechanical equivalent of an LCR circuit (series or parallel while measuring current or voltage)?

No randomness here. Us boys in the field call this happening “Whiskey Throttle” as we know where to sit on the bike to get less wheelie action and can manage the throttle twist angle quite well. Or you being a racing expert, did you have the throttle response set to go WOT upon the slightest throttle twist?

It sounds to me like this bike when used as a dirt bike comes with too low of gearing for your weight? There is a simple safe back yard test/adjustment for proper dirtbike gearing. But I know you want to FEEL the physics of making the proper gearing. Such approaches do have their costs and excretements. Are you still doing simulations using analog computing machinery — go digital.

"now you know the bike is dangerous right?" I'll never forget that video!

Hope you recover well Luke

I think a proper bike should throw your ass on the ground hard if you get in and whisky-throttle it. The bike and powertrain did exactly what I want a dirtbike to do, I was just too stupid of a rider to recognize I was on a proper bike at the time I went WOT.

liveforphysics,

Not all ‘proper bikes’ are tuned ideally — like yours? “Those That Forget History Are Condemned to Repeat It”

Encore?

Back