Maeving RM1

Garbage. The specs are as pathetic as you’d expect from a bike with that rear suspension geometry. For 7000£? Get anything else...

Whats with the tank? If you are converting an IC motorcycle and choose to keep the gas tank for aesthic reasons, like I did, I get that. But to design and fabricate an emoto from scratch, and still include a tank? That's a weird design choice.

harrisonpatm said:
Whats with the tank? If you are converting an IC motorcycle and choose to keep the gas tank for aesthic reasons, like I did, I get that. But to design and fabricate an emoto from scratch, and still include a tank? That's a weird design choice.

Then you haven't clicked the link yet. Because in the tank is a (extra) battery pack. So the tank can actually hold the "fuel" :wink:

Look at 5 minute 55:

[youtube]T9tWMPcz42w[/youtube]

Tony01 said:
Garbage. The specs are as pathetic as you’d expect from a bike with that rear suspension geometry. For 7000£? Get anything else...

What is wrong with the suspension geometry on this stylish city commuter that has a rear hub motor?
It has no pulling chain or belt and the axle torque is decompressing the coil over shocks. It isn't a performance bike so not sure what you are moaning about?

SlowCo said:
harrisonpatm said:

Then you haven't clicked the link yet. Because in the tank is a (extra) battery pack. So the tank can actually hold the "fuel" :wink:

Look at 5 minute 55:

[youtube]T9tWMPcz42w[/youtube]

I did click the link and see that you can get it with a single battery option, meaning they still sell you a bunch of dead space if you don't buy both batteries. I know I'm nitpicking, still seems like weird design.

In case you buy the bike with one battery pack the "tank" is an ideal "glovebox" storage space.
I really like the clean minimalistic retro design. But I also love the very modern/futuristic design of the new Sondors MetaCycle as a light electric motorcyle. https://sondors.com/collections/metacycle
I won't buy either as I don't have a drivers (riders) license for them unfortunately.
But I do love the fact there are coming more and more electric commuter bikes on the market.

harrisonpatm said:

Lots of eMotorcycles have a tank - makes sense as its a "motorcycle" and can be used for extra batteries or storage like mine. Would look bad/odd without a tank in my opinion.

That is a nice looking bike. Most are not comfortable with the changing looks of modern EV's. Most still like the retro look.
Think there are plenty of choices. In the 70's had a Honda 305 and this bike reminds me of that time.

harrisonpatm said:
I did click the link and see that you can get it with a single battery option, meaning they still sell you a bunch of dead space if you don't buy both batteries. I know I'm nitpicking, still seems like weird design.

Maybe, but it's also common outside of electrics. Plenty of gas burning motorcycles have the gas tank under the seat, and use the "gas tank" for storage.

h0tsauce said:
harrisonpatm said:

Maybe, but it's also common outside of electrics. Plenty of gas burning motorcycles have the gas tank under the seat, and use the "gas tank" for storage.

I fully admit that it's a minor critique, it's just sticking in my head as "WRONG" for some reason, for which I don't have any more justification.

It kind of remind me of those Super Soco's that came out a few years back, they were really nice looking bikes!

Super Soco is half the price and half the power, and I must say I think it still looks nicer
green-TC_1024x1024.jpg

harrisonpatm said:
I fully admit that it's a minor critique, it's just sticking in my head as "WRONG" for some reason, for which I don't have any more justification.

Maybe it will help to know that there are ergonomic uses for a "gas tank" as well; wind protection, something to grip with the knees, something to provide some upper body support on bikes with a more aggressive body position

Back